Wall flower

A lock of black hair fell to the grownd, then another. I was cutting it all off, I was tired of long black hair and it always getting in my face when I tried to draw. I simply refused to keep it long any more. The new length might draw attenchin at school. HA! who am I kidding! No one notices me any way. I marvled at how I could have ever been populare.

Sure, I was in the fifth grade, but still every one knew my name, I was friends with every one then I went into the sixth grade and the factor of liking guys came into the mix. I didn't get it! I have never liked a guy as more then a friend. I knew all their secrets so it was no shocker I didn't like any of them. Then Kristen Silismen had a crush on Josh More and Josh had a crush on me. Kristen had been my BFF and then she had all but straight up accused me of steeling Josh from her. For a while I was hated then I just faded to the backround. By eighth grade no one even remembered me.

When I came out of my thought process the hair guy was done. My hair was no more then two inches long and the ends of the bangs that hung just above my eyes was blue. Not a flashy blue but a calm dark blue. I smiled "I love it! Thanks mark!" I said "How much?" I asked. He just smiled he had been doing my hair sense my fall from fame.

"No cost! I feel as if you are my sister! If I had one!" He chuckled. "Now get to school." he said then snapped a towel at my feet. Yes he was gay. Well actually Bi but you know what I mean! he had made a specail apointment for me just befor school. I had a half hour to get to school and I knew I would still have at least 15 minutes befor I had to get to class.

"Bye!!!" I said as I left his little shop. He waved and started to sweep up the hair on the floor. Watching him I realized I should have donated that to lock of love! My hair had been all the way down to my but!! I got to school with twenty minutes to spare. Oh I am good.

You might think a Wall Flower is dark and tormented, I can be. Well most of the time I am, I am Bipolar and Depression is my usual state of mind. I dont mind it I am used to it. The only time I am truely happy now is when I am drawing. I sat down under my favorite tree, a beautiful red maple! It is autum to so The tree is truely beautiful.

I sat and waited while I did people started to arive as the populare crowd surownded their usual table I started drawing. I drew how I saw them, pixies who with swisk you away. Demons that will eat you up and spit you out, and vampires that will drain you of everything you hold dear. I didn't notice Mickel and his gang aproching me. Befor I knew what happend they had my sketch book and where laughing. Calling my drawings "retarded" and "Fucking ugly". Tears filled my eyes and I yelled at them to give it back. When they only laugh I grab my bag and run to the girls bathroom. I sat there and dryed my tears. No one came to see if I was ok. No one ever did. Mickel and his friends where the only people who ever even looked at me and it was only to torment me!

In my first class I sat in the back left corner ferthest from every one. I looked out the window to the Maple and saw my sketch book on the grass. They never actually took it but I never stayed around to let them see me cry. As the bell rang for every one to get to class and the class filled with kids. One desk on all sides of me where empty and thats the way I liked it. of corse there was not desk behind me or to the left of me, but you get the point! I loved sitting here I could lean my back against the wall/window and still see the class. The teacher never called on me and I liked it that way. I didn't mind that I didn't have a single friend in the school and that no one even knew I was alive. As the tarty bell rang and the teacher walked in I settled in for a nice day.

But behind the teacher walked two Greek gods! One looked like he could Apollp and the other hadies. My mouth fell open.

"class these are our new students. Brett and Jess. You two can sit in the back right next to...um...." He glanced at his seating chart and then back up "Samantha. Samantha stand up please." It took me a second to realize he had said my name then I stood as he told me and the two new guys walked twords me. Martha Jones said hi and winked as they walked by. She would drag them into the populare group wether they liked it or not, I just knew it, but by the way they ignored her it was obvious they didn't. There was no point in me attempting to make friends. But when they got to the back and saw only one seat next to me they almost wresled to sit next to me. The one who looked like he could be apollo won.

"Hey, I'm Brett." He said. "Thats Jess, haha, come on don't sulk like that! I won fare and square!"

Jess turned around then said heatedly "Thats because I wasn't ready." 

"So Samantha-" I cut him off I was surprised at my boldness.

"It's Sam. Not Samantha." The teacher started a lecture on some thing to do with Rome. Brett and Jess just blinked, shrugged, and turned to watch the teacher. As soon as the bell rang I was out the door.

I didn't want to deal with Mickel and his friends so I tried to get out there fast. I looked back as I rounded a corner and saw the two new guys staring after me. By the end of the week they would forget about me anyway. So there was no point in trying to be nice and make friends. But to my surprise they started running after me. I just kept running down the hall. 

Soon I was at the court yard. People where already starting to fill it up, so I grabbed my note book and turned to run to safty and smacked into Mickel's chest.

"Well well well. Little AJ is out where she shouldn't be." his friends laughed. AJ is what they call me I hate it. Its a combination of my middle and last name, Ava and Jones. Yes my full name is Samantha Ava Jones. I hate it but what can you do? "What should her little punishment be?" I glared right up at him.

"Get out of my way Mickel." I said coldly. The old me comes out sometimes, The confidence I once had and I can say things like that.

"Get out of my way" One of his friends mocks me in a bad imitation of my voice. Some of the students looked over. This was unusual they normally don't care what I do or what other people do to me! Then I felt two hands rest them selfs on either shoulder. I glanced up and saw Brett and Jess just one step behind me. They looked scary! Their eyes where hard and unreadable. Jess's mouth was clenched so hard it hurt my jaw just to look and Brett's hand ,the one that wasn't on my shoulder, was clenched so tightly his knuckles where white!

"What the hell do you guys think your doing?" Brett said his voice icy. "Does it give you some sense of satisfaction to make a GIRL" he emphasized the word "cry?" Mickel looked startled.

"Who do you think you are?" Mickel asked in an annoyed tone "This is none of you business!"

"It is now." Jess said threw his teeth

"Stay away from Sam. Got it? Or you'll have to answer to us." Brett looked even madder now.

"Scram!" Jess took a step forward and Mickel and his friends jumped then ran. I was astonished! I had never had anyone stand up for me sense the fifth grade! My face must be beat red. I tipped my face forward to let my hair fall in front of it but then I remembered that my hair was short now. A single leaf from the Maple fell on my head and Jess picked it off. "Are you ok? Why didn't any one try and help you?" He asked his face portrayed real concern! 

"It's nothing. No one really notices me...." I said trailing off at the end realizing I said to much. Just then Martha comes skipping over and takes Brett and Jess by the arm.

"Hey come sit with us! Hey... um... what was your name again?" She looked at me puzzled Her haed cocked off to the side slightly.

"Sa-" I was cut off by Jess and Brett, They finished each others sentences.

"Her name" Brett started

"Is Sam. We do not"

"Want to sit with some one."

"Who wont Defend one of their"

"Own class Mates!"

"So thanks"

"But No thanks."

"We would much rather sit with Sam." They said in unison. With that they yanked their arms out of Martha's grasp and linked them threw mine then picked me up by me arms and walked away, Leaving Martha looking appalled and angry.

"I wont offer again!" She called after us. They just used the hand that wasn't supporting me to wave at her dissuasively not even looking back at her.