Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Lunch would be eaten as a pack. Outside under the glowing sun. Mothers had each made a dish, and the girls would help set up the table. I look forward to it. I was starving and food sounded like a really good idea.

I was walking back to the pack house with my mate. We had been approached by many pack members who wanted to welcome me personally. So far they all seemed quite nice. It felt good to be respected by them and welcomed into their family.

The idea of me being a Luna had not yet sunk in. My wolf, of course, was ecstatic. I, however, was terrified. I had no clue what a Luna does. I was only recently introduced into pack life, an now all of these responsibilities were being thrust upon me. What was I supposed to do?!

Cloudy thoughts took over my brain and I soon forgot of my hunger. I couldn't eat anymore. My stomach was too full of butterflies.

I felt Ash squeeze my hand. I looked up to him.

"Don't worry, you'll be a great Luna." he said - he could read my mind now. I need to be careful to keep my thoughts of wanting to jump him at bay.

Ash smirked slightly - damn, I can't even think about controlling my thinking! if wouldn't be so bad if I thought he actually felt the same way. I paused for a second, realising that my mate had probably heard that too. My heart plummeted with the realisation that he didn't even try to deny his lack of feelings towards me.

'He probably just tuned out of our thoughts to give you some privacy' my wolf told me. 'He must like us, did you feel the way he kissed you?!' it was true that the kiss was amazing, but I worry his feelings for me are only because of the mate bond. I want him to love me himself, like I myself have started to love him. It has become much more than an attraction for me. I can only hope that one day he feels the same.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The smell was amazing. My heightened senses picked it up long before I reached the table, and my stomach was growling anxiously. I licked my lips and tried not to salivate, that wouldn't make the best first impression.

When We finally reached the table, dishes were still being laid out. I headed to the kitchen and grabbed a warm lasagna.

"It smells amazing", I said out loud. A woman with kind eyes who looked to be in her thirties - which meant she was much older - turned to me with a smile.

"Old pack recipe," she replied, "I'll have to let you in on the secret now, Luna."

I blushed and thanked her, before taking the steaming dish to the table outside.

I had laid out the forks, and I reached out to grab the spoons. My hands brushed against someone else's, who was also reaching for them. I looked up and saw a girl. She was around my age and she had a cute pixie shaped face. She was pretty, and I instantly envied her endearingly innocent features. She had big green eyes, short pixie fiery red hair and a petite figure. At first I was nervous, beautiful people always make me feel that way - but when she smiled, I knew we would be fast friends. She had a look on her face that showed she couldn't harm a fly.

"Hi, I'm Scarlett," I introduced myself.

"Luna," she replied, before bowing her head slightly, "I'm Erin."

"You don't have to bow," I assured her - I'm just happy I found someone my age. "I hope we could be friends, as you know I'm new here." it sounded a lot less cheesy in my mind, but nonetheless, Erin's face lit up.