Chapter 8

So i felt like the previous chapter was a bit of a letdown, so i posted this early xx

Chapter 8

I'm a werewolf. I'm a freaking werewolf. It seemed so obvious now, how could i have not realised. I looked at the reflection of myself in the lake - i was quite a beautiful wolf, if i do say so myself. I was quite big for a wolf, but small compared to the wolf i had seen out of my window the other day. My paws felt soft on the ground, my fur smooth and totally white - not cream - white. There was not a speck of another colour anywhere on me - i was pure white like snow. My eyes were purple and bright, and shone like two amethysts. My claws and fangs were sharp. It was hard to believe all of the pain i went through before could lead to something so beautiful. I'M A WEREWOLF!!

"No shit sherlock!"

I spun my head around trying to find the source of the sound - to no avail, even my new wolf vision couldn't spot the offender.

"Where are you?" i thought - i couldn't exactly speak in wolf form.

"Don't they normally ask 'Who are you?'" the voice replied in a mocking manner.

'That sounds like something a serial killer would say' i thought.

"Well i'm not a serial killer," the voice replied.

Wait a second... how can they read my mind?

"How can..." i began

"I'm in your head."

What?!!!

"I'm in your head."

"How?" I seemed to be asking that a lot lately.

"I'm your wolf."

I didn't say anything but my confusion was evident in my jumbled thoughts.

"Let me explain," the voice - that i now recognised as a girls voice - said.

"You are a werewolf. A werewolf has a human side and a wolf side. You are the human side and i am the wolf side. My name is Ruby by the way."

"Where did you get that name?" i asked

"where did you get your name?" she asked

"My parents named me it." i replied

"So did mine." she countered.

"Who are your parents?" i asked

"Your mother was a werewolf, her wolf side is my mother - she named me."

"How comes i only find this out now?" i asked.

"Our father wasn't a wolf, you can call me a late bloomer. I've always been here, you just never knew."

"Why didn't mum tell us?"

"She probably didn't think we would be a wolf. Most wolves are only born if two mated werewolves have a baby."

"So how are we here?" i asked

"I don't know" was her simple reply.

"How come i haven't shifted before? Is it because it's the full moon?"

"I don't know, youll have to ask the Alpha."

"What?" Now i was confused.

"Most werewolves belongs to a pack. Packs are led by Alphas and their mates - Lunas, and Betas are the second in command."

"How do we join a pack?"

"Nate, Crystal, Ellen, Joey, Evan... infact most of the people in this town are wolves. We can join their pack, because we are on thier land. Most wolves are territorial and won't let rogues on their land, so they will only let us stay here if we join their pack."