Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"The Alpha of Bloodlust pack is coming to visit the pack tomorrow." The Alpha's words were ringing in my head. I had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. What did this mean?! The whole pack must have been feeling similarly curious because they remained silent - the announcement had shocked us all.

"Why?" A man's voice broke the silence as he asked the question all of us wanted the answer to. All eyes were yet again on the Alpha as he opened his mouth to speak.

"We were scheduled to meet soon to make some negotiations on pack territory," he paused and i saw many worried faces as they must have thought that Bloodlust pack would be stealing some of our land - the looks of disdain for the Bloodlust pack were undisguised on their faces. The Alpha continued,

"Plans to meet have been underway for quite some time, but the meeting was shifted tomorrow because the Alpha wanted to meet our new wolf, and ensure she is not a spy." I shifted in my seat, uncomfortable as i felt the eyes of my pack on me - some looks were accusing, many people thought that i was the reason for this shock visit and that was a bad thing, many other looks were pitying looks - i guess they felt sorry that i had to endure the scrutiny of the dreaded Alpha of Bloodlust pack.

"Tomorrow, i want no hostility towards any member of Bloodlust - there may be a feud between our packs, but while they are staying under our roof, i have offered them my protection against harm. You will do well to disguise any feeling of hatred and enmity that you have for the pack. However, this does not mean you let your guard down - never be alone with any member of the Bloodlust pack, although the Alpha has promised us safety as i have promised him, it would be best not to test his promise. We must keep all contact with that pack as friendly, but distant. That is an order." As he finished his speech, he sat back down to talk to his Beta, Nate, as the rest of the pack continued to speak in hushed whispers. Nonetheless it was obvious that the only topic on anyone's tongue was that of the Alpha's visit tomorrow.

I helped to collect the dishes from the table, and load them into the dishwashers. Ellen and Crystal helped, but what with the bad news we'd just heard, no one was really in the mood for much conversation.

"Can you drive me to my apartment so i can pack my things?" i asked Crystal.

"Sure, me and Ellen will help you pack," she answered.

__________________________________________________________________________

The drive to my apartment took less than 10 minutes, and soon we were standing outside the door to the place me and Vi used to share. I had a key to the door, but i knocked and let Vi answer - just in case she was in a compromising situation. Moments later and the door opened; Vi stood there in a pair of black denim shorts and a blue cami.

"Hey! How was the joining ceremony?" she greeted me.

"It was good, i can now speak to people in my mind!"

"Urgh, i wish i was a werewolf!" she said surprisingly - yesterday she was a little perturbed at the thought of such creatures.

"I wish you were too," i agreed, "but unfortunately you're not - you haven't got wolf in your scent."

"I love how you can do that - smell people and figure out what they are." Vi confessed.

"It is quite cool, but can we come in now?" i asked - we were still out in the hallway.

"Omg, i'm sorry, Of course you can," she said, before moving aside and letting us in.

It had been 2 hours and i was nearly done. Luckily Vi and I hadn't gotten around to recycling the moving boxes we used to move here, so we didn't need to but any more - they were still in the same corner that we left them. All of my clothes were arranged neatly in my suitcase and some moving boxes to make it easier to unpack. My accessories and room decorations and throw cushions went in another box, with my picture frames. I packed my computer in a box - i had been told that the pack house had many computers but i liked my privacy and i wanted my computer in my room. All of my electronics eg my phone and iPod went in my handbag. My makeup went in a box with other little things eg my toothbrush and soap. I was now done, and my room looked just like it had earlier this week, when i hadn't unpacked yet and had just moved in from London. Although i hadn't even stayed here for a week yet, i was going to miss this place. There was just one more thing to pack. I went to the kitchen and pulled out my multi pack bag of ramen noodles - Vi didn't really eat them much, so they were all mine. I also grabbed my secret stash of sweets, chocolates and cookies from a cupboard - I was more of a sweet tooth than Vi so she didn't mind.