Chapter 10 - Confronting Him.

When the bell rings signaling for lunch to end rings, I think I'm the first one out of the cafeteria. I gather my books and binder from my locker and close it, waiting for the day to be over.

* * * *

Detention turned out to be really fun. At first I had a hard time finding the room because I've never been, but when I did find it I noticed Trey and Ryan were in there so I didn't feel like a loner. They made jokes about it being my frist time in detention, but I know they were just giving me a hard time. Even though they are jerks, they're still funny.

The teacher was sleep the whole time so we did basically whatever we wanted. Some of the guys even wrote things on the teacher's face. I was in tears the whole time.

As I walk to put my completed homework in my locker, I see Jacob coming out of Mr. Holder's classroom which is weird.

Deciding that this is my chance to talk to him, I run up behind him and jump on his back. I immediately regret sneaking up on him because Jacob first instinct is to jerk his body to the side, and I go tumbling down to the ground.

On reflex, my eyes squeeze shut and I groan in pain as my head colides with the carpet floor. For a second, it feels like my body goes into shock, the air literally feels like it's been knocked out of me.

"Oh s-shit!" Jacob hissed, once he realized I was on my death bed. "A-Are you o-okay, Ne'Vaeh?"

I open my eyes to see his outstretched hand. I kind of just stare at him a while, taking him in. The girls weren't lying. He does look good today. Tan cargo shorts, red vans with socks that go a few inches below his knee, and a red polo. Damn, when did he become a fashion guru?

Snapping out of my thoughts, I grab his hand and he pulls me up. I hiss in pain and grab my head as it begins to throb painfully.

Jacob bends to my height, frantically searching my face for any signs that I may be hurt. "I-I didn't know i-it was you! I-I'm so sorry!"

I let out a hearty chuckle. "It's fine. Really. I admit that was not one of my best plans so far." I reassure, "What are you doing here so late anyways?"

"Chess club."

I nod. "That's cool."

He chuckles. "Not really but let me make it up to you."

My eyes lit up and all the pain in my body was forgotten. "Ice cream?!"

He grins. "Ice cream."

* * * *

"So a-am I forgiven?" Jacob asks, batting his eyelashes.

I laugh and shake my head at his adorkableness. He brought me to 'Fraziers' again and bought me my favorite ice cream. We sat in the same booth as last time and it brings back so many memories. 

The Cocky Jacob.

I laugh at the thought, in which Jacob gives me a funny look. I suppose I do look weird sitting here laughing when no one else said anything. I should really stop doing that....

"What's funny?"

I smirk. "Your cockiness."

He throws his head back as he lets out a heart-melting laugh. I've never heard that laugh. It's so soft, almost like a melody. "I-I know right? I'm j-just too awesome!"

I take a spoonful of my vanilla ice cream and moan in delight as it melts in my mouth. I hear Jacob mumble something under his breath but I ignore it, enjoying the taste of my ice creamy goodness.