Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“Wake up honey”

I felt my mom poking me in my face and I felt a million eyes peering down at me.  At that moment the only things running through my mind were it was too early for me to be woken up and if I was wearing shorts.  I didn’t like sleeping in pants.

“Too early”  I said trying to push away her face

“I didn’t want to do this… boys”

All of a sudden my blanket was ripped off of me, luckily I was wearing shorts, and I was being carried off of my bed.  My eyes shot open and I saw everyone standing around Cody who was carrying me.

“Wake up you old fart”

“Alright I’m up!  Now put me down”

Cody dropped me and I looked around my room.  Everyone was smiling at me and I threw on a fake happy smile. 

“Good Morning” I said with a sarcastic tone

“Hurry up and get ready.  Breakfast is downstairs” 

Everyone left the room and I got ready.  I threw on a white skirt, a navy tank top and a cute striped cardigan.  I ran downstairs and everyone was sitting down at the table.  I looked around and Nathan was sitting to the right of the seat set for me. 

In front of the seat set for me was a large stack of pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. 

“Good morning everyone”

“Happy Birthday!!!”

The room echoed with the words.  I gave everyone hugs and when I got around to Nathan I gave him a little peck on the cheek.

“Eww cooties!” yell Chris from across the table

“Casey I know that it’s your bithday and everything but can you give me a hand?”

I got up from the couch and went over near my mom.

“Whats up?”

“I just needed to you help me figure out what kind of cake you want”

“Either yellow cake, chocolate frosting, with strawberries or chocolate cake with chocolate frosting”

“I thought so”

She got back on the phone with the bakery and I retreated back to the couch.  All the boys were outside playing football.  I sat down on the couch and turned on the apple T.V.  I got on to youtube and watched the sneezing panda video.

“Baby girl?”

“Yeah daddy”

He sat down next to me on the couch and grabbed me into him.  I curled up next to my dads body.  He always mad me feel safe and at home.  He smelt the same my whole life. 

“I love you baby girl”

“I love you too daddy”

“You make me feel so old.  Stop growing up” He kissed me on the forehead and hugged me tighter.

My dad grabbed the touch screen control and played Angels Flying Too Close To The Ground by Willie Nelson.

“This song was playing when we brought you home from the hospital.  It was the happiest day of my life.  Bringing my only daughter home.”

His eyes started to water up and so did mine.  I hugged him even tighter than he was already holding me.

And I patched up your broken wing. And hung around  a while. Tried to keep your spirits up.