Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“Carson, Casey, Chance, Chase!  Hurry up and get down here for breakfast before you’re late for school”  Marlene blared over the intercom

I threw on skinny jeans, a black v-neck, brown braided belt, and red toms.  I straightened my hair to perfection and topped everything off with some eyeliner and mascara.  I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs.  My mom did her daily outfit inspection and approved.  Everyone was already eating so I grabbed the seat next to my dad and ate the cinnamon roll Marlene made.

When we got to school I hurried to Megan’s locker.

“What’s got you all excited?” she asked with a tone of suspicion

“Nothing, I just feel really good.”

“Well you look good if that helps.”

We walked over to homeroom and took our seats towards the back of the class.  Then, the most beautiful creature took a seat in front of me.  He was gorgeous.  Standing at least six feet tall, smiling with his perfect teeth, and gazing around the room with his deep blue eyes.

He turned around a looked at me.

“Hey, Casey”  he did the sup nod

“Hi, Nathan” I gave him a little smile and turned back to Megan

She smiled at me and then Ms. Kate walked in.

“Good morning my amazing homeroom.”

“Hi Ms. Kate!”  We all greeted her in sync

Ms. Kate is one of those really cool teachers that you think of as a friend.  She is really relaxed and having her as a homeroom teacher is way better than having her as an actual teacher.  She is tall and has nice caramel colored hair.  She has to be pretty young, she is around 26 years old at the most.

Ms. Kate came walking over to Megan and I.  She gave me the eye when she saw Nathan sitting in front of me.  Ms. Kate knew about my crush on Nathan.  It all started when we were in third grade.  We were all playing hide and seek and he hid by me.  We were sitting under the playground and he took my hand.  He was my first boyfriend and my first kiss.  He probably forgot about it by now but for some odd reason I never did.

She looked over at Nathan. “Hey there Nate.”

He nodded at her “Hey Ms. Kate”

She looked back at me and smiled.

“So, Ms. Kate whats up?”

“Nothing just checking up on my favorite girls.”

“So Ms. Kate what did you do this weekend?” asked Megan

“I went out on a date with someone special.”

“WHAT?” Meg and I asked in harmony

Right then the bell rang and Ms. Kate walked away with a suspicious smile.  I rolled my eyes and walked out of class.  School finished and I was headed home with the boys.  My mom called us while we were driving home to pick up Chris. 

When we got to the preschool we parked next to a dark blue car.  I jumped out to go and pick up Chris.  While walking out the preschool I walked straight into someone. 

“Oh shit, I’m so sorry.”

“Sorry it’s my fault I should have been watching where I was going.”

I looked up and found myself staring into Nathan’s eyes.

“Oh sorry about that Casey I didn’t realize that was you.”