Chapter 4

Recap

A few seconds later the door opened and a boy in nothing but swimming trunks, he was defiantly not my brother and I’m pretty sure he isn’t my dad.

 ----------------------------------

“Hey there sexy.” He said with a wink and a smirk which I’m guessing wins all grins. I gave him a flat look.

“Is Callum and Sophie home?” I asked dryly. He looked kind of shocked, probably never been blown off like that.

“Sophie’s out, Callum’s in. Who are you?” he asked.

“Family, can I talk to Callum please?” I asked him, he’s really starting annoying me now.

“Only if I can have your number beautiful.” He said with a ‘charming’ smile.

“Don’t have a phone.” I told him.

“Everyone has a phone. I like it when girls play hard to get.” He said with a lustful look. I stepped close to him and went to his ear, he shivered in delight.

“Listen here mate, I’m not playing hard to get. I hate boys like you because they all think that everyone loves them when no one does. I’m a mother of nearly 3 so why don’t you go and get Callum right now or you will honestly regret it, understand?” I said in a deadly voice, he gulped and nodded.

“I-I’ll erm, just go and get Callum. Come in?” he said unsure and nervous. Yeah I can be scary when I want to be. I looked over to the van and nodded. They all got out the van again. “I thought you were joking about the kids!” the dude said. I shook my head. We all walked in the house. Joe glared at the dude who looked away from his glare.

“Are you going to go get Callum?” I asked, he nodded quickly and basically run away from us. This house is slightly bigger than the old one but still nice; they had all the same pictures in the same places, a few news ones as well but it all looked the same.

“Mummy?” Mark whispered. I looked down at him. I ran my hand through his long dark brown hair; he really needs a haircut, so does Mercy.

“Yeah baby?” I asked him, he pointed to a photo on the wall.

“Is that you?” I looked at the photo he was pointing to. It was quite big but not huge, it had a gold frame and the picture in the frame was of me, on holiday 4 years ago. It was about 2 weeks before I was kidnapped, we just got back from holiday but the picture was taken while we were on holiday. I had a white flowy top with a bikini top under it. I had a big smile on my face, my face was glowing, the sea in the background with the sun setting. It was a really beautiful picture. I smiled and nodded. “You look beautiful!” he told me with a grin, I laughed and smiled at him.

“Thank you Mark.” I said with a smile.

“No she doesn’t!” Mercy said glaring at her twin. “She looks gorgeous!!” Mercy said with a grin. They both grinned at me and nodded. I smiled at them and shook my head.

“Thank you.”

“They’re right. You do look gorgeous.” Joe said, I smiled and him and said thank you, then a smirk come on his face. “But I’m only saying that ‘cause I want to get in your pants.” He said with a wink. I hit him round the back of the head. He laughed and rubbed his head. “But you do look gorgeous, in both the picture and in real life.” He told me honestly with a real smile. I smiled back. I knew he was about to make another joke so I pushed him to the living room.

“Just shut up and take the kids in the living room. Don’t ruin anything.” I told them as they walked into the living room. Joe smirked at me and winked; I gave him the finger and ignored him. I looked at the photo of me and a smile found a way onto my face without me noticing, we had such a good time on holiday. And my tan in the photo looked amazing, we went to Spain for a month, I had a great time.

“Can I help you?” I heard a voice that I haven’t heard in years. I turned round and saw my brother in swimming trunks looking at me confused. He looked the same, just taller, more bigger meaning muscles, his voice has got deeper but not enough to know it’s not him talking and you can tell that he’s shaved this morning. “And would you like to explain why you scared my mate and said your part of my family?” he asked glaring at me.

“Do I really look that different?” I asked him, he looked at me confused.

“I honestly don’t know what you’re on about so could you please leave?” he asked pointing his hand to the door; I smiled and shook my head. “If you don’t leave, I’m calling the police.” I smiled again.

“You haven’t changed one bit Cookie.” I told him, his face went to complete shock.

“No one calls me that apart from Sophie and DeeDee… how did you know it was my nickname?” he whispered. I took a step forward.

“It’s me DeeDee.” I whispered to him. He shook his head.

“No, she died in a fire 4 years ago. No.” he said with tears in his eyes. I gave him a sad small smile.

“I promise you Cookie, it’s me.” he shook his head.

“I don’t believe you.” I knew he did but he didn’t want to.

“Callum Lee Jones 2nd March 1992, 20 years old, best football player in high school, only went out with a few people if you really liked them, didn’t care what anyone thought of you or anything, big mamma’s boy. Youngest sister of the Jones – Sophie Ann Jones 30th May 1995, shy girl but had millions of friends, don’t care what anyone thought of her or what they said. Parents Jade and Howard Jones were high school sweethearts, left school and got married, Jade is 38 and Howard is 39. Middle child – DeeDee Jones also known as me, 2nd March 1993, you use to tell everyone we were twins and they believed us. Since I was born I used to call you Cookie and when Sophie was born I used to call her Sausage. Callum I swear to you, its me.” I told him with tears of my own in my eyes. I would not let them fall, I cried too much yesterday. Callum didn’t say anything, he just wrapped his arms round me and hugged me tightly; I hugged him back.

“I can’t believe your alive.” He whispered letting his tears fall, I couldn’t hold mine back anymore and let mine fall as well. “But I lowered your body into the ground; I put a rose onto of your coffin.” He told me pulling back slightly so he could look at me, he had tears running down his face; I knew I did as well.

“It wasn’t me.” I whispered. He shook his head.

“This is impossible! You have some explaining to do Debbie-Dee Jones.” He told me seriously. I cringed at my full name, I always made everyone called me DeeDee, only my family knew my real name and you knew they were serious when they called me Debbie-Dee. I nodded. We both sat on the stairs like we used to when we were younger, whenever we would talk about something important or not we would sit on the stairs and talk. The stairs were like the ones where we always spoke. Then I explained from when I was walking to work then got kidnapped, them smashing my phone, taking me to a warehouse where many girls had been there and before but all either killed themselves or got killed, after a year of me being there all the older girls had either died, killed or killed themselves and all together there was 70 girls with me being the oldest, the boss – Charlie – used me as a sex salve and I now have twins and another on the way, how everyone wanted to get out and all hated Charlie to how we escaped. Once I finished he sat there tensed and angry.

“He’s in jail now. He can’t hurt us no more.” I told him putting my hand on his shoulder he relaxed straight away.