Chapter 3

Recap

A few lifetime seconds later the door opened and I felt like my heart had stopped beating.

------------------------------

“Oh, hello, can I help you?” a girl who was most definetly not my sister, mum or anyone in my family.

“Hi, sorry, my family used to live here, I didn’t know they moved. Sorry to trouble you.” I told her with a sad smile.

“No, it’s fine, I only moved here 2 years age.” She said with a smile. I nodded. “Would you like to come in? It looks like you’ve been through a rough day.” I gave a small laugh.

“You could say that yeah.” She smiled.

“So would you like to come in?” she asked.

“I would but my kids are in the car.”

“They can all come in as well.” I nodded and turned round so I was facing the van, I nodded my head to the house at Joe who was driving. They all got out the van and walked up to the house. “Is this your husband? He’s very handsome and your kids are beautiful.” She said with a smile.

“No, he’s not my husband. He’s just a very good friend of mine whose ego is already big enough.” I said glaring at Joe slightly, he just smirked at me.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Please come in.” we all walked in, Joe and the twins went into the living room while the girl and I walked into the kitchen. “Your kids look young, how old are they?” she asked.

“They’re both 4. Do you have any kids?” I asked her. I really needed to learn her name.

“Yeah, I have twins that are 5 this year. A boy and a girl like you.” She said with a laugh. I smiled and nodded. “Oh how rude of me! I’m Maggie, Maggie Summers.” She said with a smile and held her hand out. I took it and shook it.

“Nice to meet you Maggie, I’m DeeDee, DeeDee Jones.” She smiled then looked shocked.

“You’re alive? But the news said you died in a fire.” She asked shocked.

“That’s what Charlie made everyone believe.” I told her.

“Charlie?” I sighed. So I explained. From who Mr Charlie Scott, that he’s rich, he’s the twins dad, he kidnapped me and the other girls, that he faked all our deaths and that he’s in jail now – thank god – after she let out a long whistle. “Wow, some life you have there. You should write a book! I would so buy that!” I laughed and nodded.

“Maybe, who knows?” We both laughed and spoke some more. “Do you know where my family moved to?” I asked hopefully.

“Sadly, I don’t know the address; I just know it’s a few streets away.” I smiled sadly and nodded. “I have their number; I could give them a ring and make up something so they could give me their address?”

“Would you please?” I asked, she smiled and nodded. She got her phone out and tapped it a few times then I heard the ringing sound. After a few rings my mother answered and once again my heart seemed to stop. It’s been so long since I’ve heard her voice.

“Hello?” she still answers how she did 4 years ago, dragging out the ‘L’’s. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Hey Miss Jones! It’s me Maggie.” Maggie said.

“Oh hello Maggie, how are you?”

“I’m good thanks you?”

“I’m very well thank you, how can I help you?” my mum asked.

“Oh yeah, I got a parcel today” Maggie winked at me; I rolled my eyes with a smile. “And it was sent here by mistake.”  My mum clicked her tongue, something she done when she wasn’t very happy.

“My, my. You’d think after 2 years, they’d know we don’t live there. Oh well, have you got a pen and paper? I’ll give you our address.” Maggie got a bit of paper and a pen and wrote down their address. They said bye and hung up. She gave me the paper.

“Thank you so much.” I said and gave her a hug; she laughed and hugged me back.

“It’s okay. It’s getting to lunch, would you like to stay and have lunch with me?” she asked with a smile.

“Oh no, I don’t want to be a bother. Thank you for the offer though.” She shook her head.

“You won’t be a bother, I promise. Lucas has taken the kids out for the day to the seaside. I didn’t want to go; I didn’t feel well this morning.” She told me with a wave of her hand.

“Are you sure? I really don’t want to be a bother.” I told her again. She shook her head with a smile.

“Of course not! It’s better than eating alone.” I smiled and nodded.

“Okay then, we’ll stay for lunch.” she grinned and started to make lunch.

“What would you all like?” she asked.

“Anything, we couldn’t really have all fancy food, we’ll just have sandwiches please.” She nodded and started to make them. I walked into the living room where Joe was playing poke with them. It’s the only game we would really play because we couldn’t get in the way of Charlie. When we were in the warehouse, everyone used to play it; we would all sit down in a line – shoulder to shoulder- then the person at the front would poke the person next to them and it would go through the line unless someone poked the person that just poked them. Mercy was at the front them Joe then Mark. I smiled and shook my head. “We’re staying for lunch then we should head back to the hotel and go to mine tomorrow. Is that okay with you?” I asked Joe, he smiled and nodded. He loved spending time with my kids, all the boys did.

“Mummy, come play.” Mercy asked me, I smiled and nodded. I sat next to her so I was at the front. I poked her and she poked Joe who poked Mark who lent over and poked Mercy. It went on until Maggie come in with lunch. “Thank you.” Mercy said quietly.

“Thank you.” Mark said quietly as well. They don’t do well with new people.

“Joe what do you say?” I told him with a little glare, he rolled his eyes.

“Thank you.” He said. Maggie laughed.

“It’s fine.” I also said thank you. We all spoke throughout lunch, got to know Maggie better, while she got to know us better as well. At about half 4 we all left, I said thank you to Maggie again and we said our goodbyes. We drove back to the hotel; Mr Laruen (Jamie’s dad) was fine with us staying again. We had dinner then went to bed. The next morning we woke up at about 9, got ready and had breakfast, by the time we were all in the van it was 10 to 11. It was a really sunny day today, really hot. We drove to my family’s new house. They all stayed in the van once again while I went to the door and knocked. A few seconds later the door opened and a boy in nothing but swimming trunks, he was defiantly not my brother and I’m pretty sure he isn’t my dad.