Chapter 4

Seth sat on the floor of Ra Temple, in one of the sacred rooms behind the altar. He was playing around with the prophetic objects, trying to figure out when was the date for Atemu and Kisara's wedding (Not that I am going to ever let it happen!) thought Seth as he grasped his millennium Rod and concentrated.

Lethal power crossed his veins as the hand of the ancient Egyptian calendar whirled and twisted in its place. Seth started to mumble the prayers of the doom, and as he was whispering the ancient words the millennium Rod was glowing and shining.

Finally Seth opened his eyes, sweat covering his forehead from the concentration. The feeling of power still beating in his head, he looked at the date. It was right away on this month.

Seth looked at the date and sighed. He couldn't let the pharaoh know it. He was going to lie about the date. It was a dangerous thing to do, since the Pharaoh was god a himself. And still Seth's plan was very vague. And he had to do some training in the Shadows Games before he challenged the Pharaoh.

Kisara opened her eyes heavily to the bright sun of the morning. She sat up in the bed, struggling to get her numb limbs move. She stretched, ignoring the pain it caused her, and then looked around the room. She remembered the previous evening, and the talk with the Pharaoh.

/"You will get used to me…"/

The words echoed inside her mind as shivers went down her spine. She was confused, but she knew what she had to do: she had to run away from here. But when could she do this? How could she do this? And where was Seth? Where was she?

She got up, her legs have betrayed her and she fell back on the bed. She didn't give up though – she got up again, and made her way towards the window.

The look was outstanding; her room was located high, it was third or fourth floor, and the royal gardens were visible underneath. The air wasn't hot, it was slightly warm, and she sighed as the light breeze caressed her face and the air reached her burning lungs. She had been so transfixed by the view, she didn't hear that someone entered the room.

"Mistress…" she heard a voice behind her and turned around. She saw a young girl in maid clothes standing behind her. She had long black hair and grey eyes, and her voice was somehow familiar. Kisara looked at her, waiting her to continue. The maid seemed nervous.

"Are you feeling well?" asked the girl. Kisara looked at her and a small smile crossed her face. She nodded. "I think I am better."

"I'm glad. Do you wish to go out, to the gardens? It is beautiful day." said the girl "His majesty sent me to help you dress up and serve you some food."

Kisara looked at her again "Tell me…" she started, trying to recall…However, she couldn't remember the girl's name.

"My name is Ikana, my mistress…" said the girl.

"I know who you are! You were here last night, weren't you?" asked Kisara. The girl nodded. "I was helping the Pharaoh to treat you. He saw you were not feeling well and called me. I prepared special tea for you." said Ikana with a gentle smile, feeling proud because Kisara, the future queen of Egypt, remembered her. Kisara smiled back at her. "I want to go out to the gardens." she said "I want to see the flowers and breathe the morning-air. I feel somehow suffocated up here."

"No problem, mistress Kisrara. I'd help you dress up, we'll be there in no time!" exclaimed Ikana.

She went out of the room, and was back two minutes later. Ikana brought clean clothes for Kisara, and after she got dressed, Ikana led Kisara into the dining hall, where Kisara tried to eat some breakfast. "I feel like I can't eat anything" she said to Ikana. Ikana tried to coax her into eating some more; she was worried about her and felt like she had known Kisara for a lifetime. It was obvious she and Kisara would be good friends.