Chapter 12

Atemu eyed Seth evilly. "You are going to lose, Seth. You should have run away when you could do it. Now I won't show any pity for you. You can go to hell." Seth looked at Atemu with pure hatred in his eyes "If I were you, I would rather play than mock the rival. My powers have grown since my last duel against you, so I call my Ryou-Ki-Shin to the field, and I play it in defense mode!" said Seth quietly (I need to reinforce my defense. If I don't, his Celtic Warrior is going to crash me right to hell. Now I need to choose a monster, and I need a good one…Or else…)

Atemu looked at the field (There's no way he can win this duel. He doesn't have the right monsters to overtake mine, and he is playing his best creatures against me right now, so when I place my best monsters he will be helpless…Just wait Seth…) "Now my turn?" said Atemu, his tone bored and calm "I see you did nothing, your pathetic monster is nothing to me! You'll pay for trying to take Kisara! She'll never be yours, I promise you this!"

Seth closed his eyes and said "You wish! Ra will judge us eventually. But I know you aren't afraid. You think you are a god yourself, always hovering above us all," Seth opened his eyes "But I know the truth. I know who you are…I saw it with my own eyes. While you and I are living in our palaces, eating the best food of this land and sleeping under our roofs, innocent people are suffering…They are being Killed, Atemu…Their villages burn in the flames of your useless wars, their children are murdered in front of their tormented eyes…You never saw hopelessness and helplessness before…" Seth turned slightly, glancing at the Pharaoh "What can you understand? Kisara never loved you, no, she is mine. I met her in the darkest day of my life, and she was my only light through the shadows of the gloom I lived. My eyes saw so much sorrow, yet her smile purified my soul. I was with her through the troubles and the worries of our lives…" Seth expression softened when he talked about Kisara. Atemu listened to the speech, his eyes locked on Seth.

"She was in your palace for the last month, and you saw her withering in front of you. You couldn't understand her, you didn't care about her feelings. She isn't a person to you, Atemu, she is just another slave, just another item. But Kisara is alive, she has her feelings, and as long as I can fight for her freedom and her safety, this is what I'm going to do! I'm going to fight for her, because I love her! And I will never give up!" said Seth, determination gleaming in his eyes.

Atemu looked at him, and blinks of disbelief and evilness appeared in his eyes.

"Mistress Kisara!" screamed Ikana as she saw the white haired girl falling dead on the bed. Mana approached her "What's going on?" she asked in horror.

"I'm not sure," said Ikana "But something isn't right…She…She isn't breathing…" Mana panicked, taking Kisara's hand into her one "She is so cold…Kisara, please…Hold on…" Mana rubbed her arm, trying to warm her. She closed her eyes, whispering a prayer for Kisara to get better, to stay alive.

The silence was complete, and suddenly Ikana spoke "Can you hear this, mistress Mana?"

Mana turned to her, still holding Kisara's arm "What?" she asked in slight confusion, praying Kisara wouldn't die. "I heard…I think it is high priest Seth…His voice is reaching our room…"

Mana listened carefully, mumbling the prayer…It was right, Seth's voice made its way through the darkened corridors of the temple to the room Kisara was lying in, and echoed, his words clear and firm.

"…But Kisara is alive, she has her feelings, and as long as I can fight for her freedom and her safety, this is what I'm going to do! I'm going to fight for her, because I love her! And I will never give up!"…

Something happened to Kisara after Seth's statement. Mana felt her pulse regaining its steady pace, becoming stronger and she fought to breathe again, moving slightly.