Quicksand - 8 {Kouen Ren}

A/N: Congrats to the awesome artist who drew this because I'm officially in love with it now. This was requested by Yuuki217. I hope you enjoy!

NOTE: [S/N] = Sibling's Name (I didn't want to put a name because once, I read an x reader, and the 'brother's' name [I don't even have a brother], was my DAD's name, soooooo........) And if you don't have a sibling, maybe a close friend who you'd consider a sibling/family. 

You fumble over your device, looking over your shoulder repeatedly. You knew he was coming. And he was coming fast. Why had you agreed to attempt a mission against the Kou Empire's princes?

They were all Dungeon Capturers, for Magi's sake! You didn't stand a chance, even with your inventions. You took a deep breath, and turned around. You couldn't miss, or you'd be finished. Taking a deep breath, you held the metallic vessel tightly in your hand. 

When the first splash of red appeared, you immediatly threw the bomb at the ground beneath him. In the few moments of confusion because there was no explosion, he began to sink. Kouen looked at the ground beneath him, and relaxed his shoulders, being careful not to move too much. 

He knew that the ground beneath him had been solid dirt, yet it had been rendering into some sort of quicksand. Interesting..... He thought, looking down beneath him. His eyebrows furrowed. 

It didn't look to be the standard type of quicksand, either. Even though his movement was ristricted to a bare minimum, he was still sinking at a rapid pace. His waist was now burried within the substance. 

He looked up, and noticed the [h/c] haired girl peering at him curiously through [e/c] eyes. Intelligence shone in them. Deciding to play along a little longer, he observed her in complete silence. 

"Who are you?" He questioned, and you froze. "N-Nobody of importance...." You mumbled. He nodded, murmuring something beneath his breath. "How were you able to change dirt into this quicksand?" He continued. 

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He was nearly neck-deep within the 'quicksand', yet he was still wasting energy talking to you? "You shouldn't waste your energy talking..." You muttured, and he rose a thin eyebrow at you.

You couldn't help it; your heart wasn't that of a killer. But you did need the money. Your family needed the money. In the end, that's just how the world worked. Kill or be killed. Maybe, once upon a time, you had wished for a life where there were no wars, no deaths. 

You prepared yourself to walk away, to leave him there. Your heart broke with each passing second, wanting to pull him out, not to let him live such a death. Your eyes welled with tears as you turned your back. You couldn't watch this. 

You heard rumbling, and tou stumbled, running into a nearby tree. You collapsed to the ground and whirled around. Your eyes widened in disbelief. He was no longer in the patch of quicksand, but now floated in the air.

His brothers emerged from the shrubery, both of them in their Djinn Equip. I'm finished. You thought as you pressed your back against the tree you'd run into. You knew your tears were streaming down your face, and you weren't sure wether to care, or to feel shamed. 

You looked up towards the sky. Sorry, Mom, Dad.... [S/N]...

"Thank you, Koumei." He said. You closed your eyes, waiting for your death to come. Maybe you'd be locked up and tortured if they were feeling cruel. Only one thought ran through your head; you didn't want to die. 

You weren't ready. You weren't ready to leave the people you cared about. You wanted to run, but your legs felt like jelly, and they would catch you quicker than you could even blink. You resisted the urge to beg -- it wouldn't make much of a difference. It would only make you seem more disgraceful.

"Kou-nii, what are we gonna do with her?" The voice was rather high pitched and childish, but you knew not to underestimate any of them. You'd had your chance to run after you'd trapped him, but you'd dawdled, thinking that the eldest wouldn't be able to break out of your trap.

"We take her back to the palace for questionning." So he was in a cruel mood. You felt one last tear cascade down your cheek before you slumped forward, your consciousness drifting away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up in a dimly lit room, tied to a chair. You struggled, hoping to be rid of your confines. "That won't do you much good." You looked up, and across from you, sat none other than the heir to the throne of the Kou Empire, Kouen Ren. 

He was undoubtedly the scariest, most intimidating person you'd ever met, not to mention the strongest. Now that you were the one trapped, you could feel the pressure. You looked around, hoping to find an escape -- not that you'd be able to break the strong bonds that kept you to your chair by yourself. 

"A.... library?" You were utterly confused, glancing at the mounds of scrolls tucked away neatly on a vast array of shelves. "Indeed." Your head snapped back to the red haired prince, who you weren't even aware was looking at you.

You felt uncomfortable and you squirmed, wincing at the pain in your wrists and ankles. "I'll relieve your confines if you promise me something." His flaring -- yet cold -- stare seemed to seep into you, and you stiffened.

"What is it?" You asked meekly. "I want you to tell me how you made that.... bomb." His gaze became even more fixated and intense than it already was. Your eyes widened, and your jaw dropped. 

Nobody had ever taken interest in your inventions, saying they were useless and a waste of time -- and money. "Well? Do we have a deal?" He questioned, his impatience leaking into his voice. You nodded, still dumbfounded. 

He stood up and pulled the ropes away with a single hand, and your jaw dropped even further. He unsheathed his sword, and you gasped, jumping when he pointed it at you. Sweat trickled down your temples in waves.

Did he not trust you to keep your end of the deal?

A soft glow permeated the room, emmanating from the sword. All ache faded from your muscles, your bruises vanishing as if they were never there. He put it away and sat back down, crossing his arms as he stared at you, waiting for you to speak. 

"Well...." You mumbled, dragging your chair closer to the front of the desk. "It all starts with this special type of metal...."

A/N: This wasn't necessarily fluffy, so if that was what you were looking for, I'd be glad to write another, fluffier oneshot for you. Thank you for requesting!