•Part 25•

August 6th 1965

"Hello" Amelia called entering her home.

"Hello darling" she heard her mother reply from the kitchen.

"Good day at work?" She heard her father ask.

"Yes. How come you're home early?" She asked in return.

"I didn't have any work left so they discharged me early" he said and looked back at his newspaper.

Amelia noticed mother starting to dish out dinner "oh mother I'm going out tonight so I won't need any supper for now" she said walking up to her.

"Where're you off to then?" She asked continuing to fill up plates but missing hers out.

This was it. She was going to tell them. The only person she was worried about telling was her Mother but now was the right time.

"I'm going for dinner with someone" she said nervously, she didn't have enough courage to say who it was yet. She guessed it was dinner because it was in the evening.

"Someone?" Her mother looked up at her.

"Yes, a boy if you must know" she said keeping their eyes together, she wasn't going to let her win.

"A boy! What boy!" She said shocked. Her father now looked up but still didn't say anything.

She sighed and swallowed "P.." she began but the door bell rang.

"Who's that?" Her mother asked looking past her at the door.

"It's probably him" and before she could stop her, her mother was at the handle.

"Hi there" he said smiling.

Amelia crept up behind and saw her shocked expression.

"This is him?" She almost whispered with anger.

"I'm afraid so" she smirked behind her back and Paul winked.

They stood in silence as her mother processed what was happening.

"Aren't you going to invite him in?" She said and her mother moved to the side.

Paul was led into the kitchen where her father was now standing, he shook his hand and introduced himself.

"I'm going to get ready" she said and ran up the stairs.

Meanwhile, her mother was more than furious. No daughter of hers was going to be in any sort of relationship with a rockstar, she thought.

"Mr McCartney?" She said walking back into the kitchen where he'd taken a seat next to her father.

"Yes" he replied, even though he had a confident character he couldn't help but feel slightly intimidated by her stern presence.

"Do you have ANY idea what you're doing with my daughter?" She yelled making him jump, he desperately wanted to laugh but composed himself.

"Dorothy" father said trying to calm her down.

"No be quiet!" She said pointing her finger at him "you're turning her into a young delinquent! Just like you with your half hearted vocabulary and your sex and drugs! Do you think you can just treat her that why? Just imagine wha..."

"Actually Mrs Jordan..." he stood rising above her head "I haven't turned her into a young delinquent. The only person that is influencing her is you" he said calmly without raising his voice at all and her mother was baffled by his interruption.

"I beg your pardon!" She exclaimed.

"That's right, you control her so much that she tiptoes around your commands so that you don't do something like this. Well guess what? I'm trying to help her actually so that she doesn't always need your voice in the back of her mind telling her what she should and shouldn't do. Don't you think she's been controlled enough?" He concluded.

David and Lisa had heard the commotion and were now watching from the staircase. Paul turned hearing the click of heels coming down the stairs and Amelia made her way through the small crowd.

He saw her looking as glamorous as ever and perfect for the occasion even though she had no idea where they were going "you look stunning!" He said as if the breath had been pulled out of him.

"Shall we leave?" She said and took Paul's now sweaty hand in hers leading him out of the house.

"I heard everything you said" she informed him as they linked arms down the long street.

"I'm sorry I probably shouldn't have argued like that" he said suddenly feeling guilty.

"You don't need to apologise" she said looking at him and kissed his lips softly but for a good length of time "thank you, I've wanted to tell her that for a long time".

"And I can see why you didn't" he smirked and they carried on walking.

"So, are you going to tell me where we are going?" She asked.

"You'll see" he replied happily and she trusted him reaching a, supposedly his, car.

"You drove all the way from London?" She said.

"Yes, yes I did. It does seem strange that I did that and we are actually going back there" he said getting into the drivers seat and she followed into the passenger seat.