•Part 16•

August 2nd 1965

"Hello? Grandma? It's me, Amelia" she said creeping into the gloomy living room.

"Amelia?" Her Grandmother said with a croaky tone.

"Yes! It's me! I have something for you" she said as her grandmother sat in her chair confused and unsure of who she was but Amelia persevered.

"Here, this might jog your memory" she said putting the record onto the dusty record player which looked neglected.

The record began and the first song "Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing" rang through the room. At first she seemed a little unsettled but started to recognise the melody and Amelia watched closely waiting for her reaction. Then she hummed the tune which brought a smile to her face and was passed to her Grandmother.

"Once on a high and windy hill, In the morning mist
Two lovers kissed and the world stood still" she sang softly and perfectly in tune. Amelia joined and finally she looked at her with joy and happiness.

"Oh Amelia!" She said realising who the young girl was.

"I love you Grandma!" She said and she bent down to hug her.

As the record played the room seemed to become brighter and brighter as her memories flooded back.

"How's Kate?" She said referring to Amelia's mother.

"She's fine, she misses you" Amelia said and her grandmother took her hand and said

"I miss her too, she isn't the same is she. She needs to... live a little!" She said laughing to herself.

"That's so true!" Amelia joined "ooh! I have something else for you" she said pulling out the Beatles For Sale record.

"Now, you might not like this but you should do. There's quite a few that you may know but some are new ok?" She said walking over to the record player and changing the record.

She sat patiently waiting for it start and she instantly loved it as soon as the first note was played.

"Is this The Beatles?" She asked recognising the style.

"Yes it is!" She said shocked at how some music brought back her memory.

"I love it, it's so fun!" She said tapping away to the beat "how are David and Karen?" She said still tapping.

"Oh they aren't together anymore!" She said.

"Really? I thought they would get married!" She said wide eyed but still tapping.

"I know, it's really sad actually but there are plenty more people out there" Amelia replied positively as usual.

The record continued and suddenly Grandmother jumped up.

"Ahhh this is my favourite! Come on Amelia! Let's dance!" She said and Amelia jumped up to join her.

"I woke up last night, half past four
Fifteen women knocking on my door
Everybody's trying to be my baby
Everybody's trying to be my baby, now!" They sang together and laughed having the time of their lives. Amelia didn't want this moment to end and she couldn't wait to tell her family.

After more dancing and giggling it was time for Amelia to go home, the record had been playing but before she left she put back on the Andy Williams record for her to listen too as it kept her memory and her house seemed so dreary without it.

"Goodbye Amelia, have a safe trip home" she said giving her a huge kiss and she left with her Grandmother still waving at the window.

When she arrived her parents and siblings were already sat at the table waiting for her.

"There she is!" Her father said and she sat down quickly almost bursting with excitement.

"You will not BELIEVE what just happened at Grandmas" she said taking a bite of her food, she was starving " I played her the Andy Williams record she used to love and it brought back her memory!" She said and the others looked shocked.

"Really? But how!" Mother said.

"I don't know! She just suddenly woke up and started asking how you were and how David and Karen were and she remembered all the words" she said and everyone looked amazed.

"Well that's just incredible Amelia!" Father said tucking into his dinner also.

"So if we just put on some music that she likes, then she'll remember us?" Lisa said looking confused.

"Yes I guess!" Amelia said still bubbling with excitement "I left the record on for her to listen to when I left".

"Oh this is a miracle! I can finally talk to her again!" Her mother said happily and Amelia smiled as she noticed her mother seemed more relaxed now and cheerful.

"You and grandma always had an odd relationship" David said jokingly and they all laughed together.

They were all close to her, but the was something different about Amelia and hers. It was special. They connected and understood each other more than anyone could. This was probably why the music brought the memories back because they were made while they listened to it. Amelia politely took her plate to the sink, asked if she could go to her room and she walked calmly this time up the stairs to her room. Life seemed pretty perfect to her at that moment as she couldn't wait for what Friday had to bring.

***
things are gonna get exciting soon ahhh