•Part 18•

August 5th 1965

There he stood holding a glass and talking to his manager Brian Epstine about things Amelia couldn't identify from where she was standing. When he left she drew a deep breath and made her way over to him. Her knees shook and her palms became sweaty but now wasn't the time for nerves she said to herself.

"So, we meet again" she said and Paul looked up from the ground.

"Amelia! I just... I can't believe... it's been so long" he said and pulled her into a hug.

A part of her nearly said "you remembered me?" But instead  "I know, I thought I'd never see you again" was what she replied looking down guiltily.

"Hey, it wasn't your fault. I was quite demanding I have to admit" he said.

"Oh no, not compared to what I've seen" she said shaking her head and he could instantly see the pain in her eyes no matter how hard she tried to cover it up.

"Is everything ok? Has something happened?" He said taking notice instead of shrugging it off.

"I'm fine now. I've just split up with my extremely controlling boyfriend who I see at work everyday so that's great. Never mind that,  how has life been for you?" She asked in return but her brow twitched on the word "fine" making her feeling like she wasn't telling the truth.

"It's been... busy. With the film and that" He replied and a long pause commenced as Amelia took in everything that was happening. After all this time she was back with him in the same room and within touching distance. He took her shaking hand and held it in his as he stroked her smooth knuckles.

"I've missed you" he said almost a whisper.

"Me too" she said sighing and closing her eyes as she embraced his gentle touch.

"I want to be with you Amelia" he said and her eyes flung open again.

"No Paul, please don't start this again..." she said shaking her head as he clung onto her when she tried to pull away.

"But why? I don't understand! We both know that we are perfect for..."

"Because I am a nobody! Ok! I am a nobody who sits in her office and does her job, but you? You're famous and everyone knows you! Besides... I've just broken up with my boyfriend!" She said flailing her arms around as she butted in.

"And that is a perfectly good reason why I can I ask you this!" He said quieting his voice as they realised their volume was increasing.

"I love you! I haven't stopped since the night we met" he said looking deeply into her eyes trying to persuade her but she refused to give in.

"Me too, but I have to get out of that because I'll become obsessed and crazy" she said trying to come up with a reason "you don't know me Paul! We've met three times and you don't know anything about my life or my family"

"Oh! I know a lot about you!" He said cutting in this time and straightening up becoming more confident.

"You do?" She said finally looking at him properly.

"Yes! I've read your articles and I love them! They are so entertaining and well written" he said amazed at her work and she couldn't help but feel proud of herself "have you... have you written any songs before?" He said rubbing his freshly shaven chin.

She drew another deep breath "well".

Is that who she thought it was?

Amelia's eyes darted towards an extremely familiar looking brunette across the hall. Even though her back was to her, she could immediately identify who the woman was.

"Excuse me for a moment" she said her eyes transfixed on the girls figure.

She moved swiftly without bothering to say "excuse me" or "sorry" for passing through, she couldn't loose her. The girl was walking away from the hall and nearing the door frame.

"Karen?" Amelia said in shock and she snapped round.

"Amelia?" She gasped astonished at her presence.

"What are you doing here?" Amelia asked in confusion but giving her a shocked smile.

And as if on cue, John Lennon slid beside her and wrapped his arm around her waste. Her eyes dropped in disbelief and slowly made their way back to Karen's apologetic face.

"I'm so sorry" she said as Amelia shook her head and rubbing her eyes trying to stop the tears prickling.

"DO YOU!" She stopped "do you know how much damage you've caused to my brother!" She continued dropping her volume dramatically.

"Amelia I can't apologise enough... David was"

"NO! You are NOT blaming this on him!" She said slamming her fist onto the marble bar counter making Karen jump.

"Karen? What's going on?" John finally asked getting a word in.

"This... COW has cheated on my brother with you!" Amelia said pointing at her frightened face disregarding all she knew about manners her mother had brought her up to do. She couldn't care less and the anger was now boiling over.

"I'm sorry I didn't know what I was doing!" She said bursting into tears and Paul ran over hearing the commotion as others started staring at the pair.

"Yeah of course! You just "accidentally" got with one of the most famous people in the world forgetting about the man you had been with for over 3 years!" Amelia was now shouting and Paul grabbed her arm.

"Amelia come on we need to leave" he said tugging her back slightly.

She looked at Paul and bit her lip in rage to stop herself from yelling again almost piercing through it "you helped my brother so much, and now he's just going to fall back into the deep dark hole you saved him from. I'm never going to forgive you" and she walked away as Paul led her to a room at the top of the terrace house and John left with them too leaving Karen in a pool of her own tears.

When they moved away from the congregation Amelia stormed up the stairs as if she knew the place. She had never been so angry in her entire life. Usually she was a calm and collected person but today she had to let it out. She knew that she would regret it later but for now she let her rage bubble.

"Honestly! I could've slapped her" she said sinking into the chair.

"Well I'm glad you didn't" Paul said pouring her a glass of water.

"I never knew you had that in you" he said handing it to her.

"Thankyou. Neither did! I am never usually like this, what's got into me Paul?" She said sighing and taking a large gulp.

"We're together for nearly 4 months" he said gazing out the window.

Amelia almost spat out her drink but managed to control herself this time.

"4 months! How dare she!" She said even more shocked than before.

"Well you definitely gave her what she deserved" Paul said and he pulled up a chair next to her whilst John paced frantically up and down the high ceilinged room.