•Part 3•

September 11th 1963

She sat fiddling with her pencil in her left hand brain storming ideas about what she could do about the concert. She was contemplating whether or not she should go. She could ask to go so that she could right a column about it or just to find out what the band was really like. Amelia put down her pencil and emptied some more of her belongings onto her desk and in her new drawers. It was almost time for her second break when suddenly an extremely piecing alarm went off.

She rushed out of her office with panic to see what was going on and most the staff had done the same. Then a voice on the speakers said,

"Please leave the building immediately and safely to meet at the main fire assembly area" A women's voice spoke and they followed the instructions.

"What's going on?" Asked Amelia to another member of staff once they had got outside.

"Apparently somebody pressed the fire alarm by accident but Mr Bendall would murder someone if he found out, if it was Mr Giles he probably wouldn't be so harsh!" the tall male said to her making Amelia realise they were working on the same section.

"I'm William by the way, and you are?" He spoke poshly which matched his appearance. A brown suit with his hair scraped to a side parting towards the right and thick rimmed glasses resting nicely on his nose.

"Amelia, I'm new here this is my first day" she replied with a smile shaking his hand firmly.

"Well what a great first day you're having standing in the cold" he said laughing slightly.

They waited until all the staff had filled out and finally the head of all the companies, Mr Bendall arrived with the sternest look on his face.

"Oh, here he comes!" William said nudging her arm.

"Right! This is obviously no accident because there is no fire to be found, but when I find out who's responsible for this idiotic act I will be sure to fire them and anyone else involved" Mr Bendall bellowed which left a long pause interrupted by a few coughs.

He sighed greatly "you're all dismissed" and turned back into the building.

"Nice, my first day has been cut short" She said heading back to her office with William walking beside her.

"What a great start. However, it is quite inconvenient because I've got some photos to publish" he said.

"What are they for?" Amelia asked intrigued, she loved photography.

"Oh just for the football article about the game yesterday" he said casually as if it was nothing, to most people it was but it wasn't for Amelia. She was genuinely interested in other people's hobbies and lifestyles.

"You write the football articles? For The London Post??" She asked amazed.

"Well yes, I have been for almost 2 years" he said surprised at her interesting manner.

"Wow, that's amazing! My father reads you're articles all the time" Amelia said as if she was meeting a celebrity.

"Well, this is my office. I'm going to pick up my things" she said stopping at her door.

"Ok, I'll see you around. I can show you the photos tomorrow when they're finished." He replied happily.

"That would be great" she said grinning and left an awkward pause not knowing what to do next.

"Goodbye" she said with a final smile and went into her office.

Amelia took a deep breath, trying to not be startled by talking to a man, and packed up her papers and bits of stationery into her draws. Then she took her satchel off the hook and walked to the door when something caught her eye. The Beatles poster. She tapped her foot, whilst lightly holding the door handle, contemplating whether to show it to her parents when she arrived home or not.

"They wouldn't understand" she said to herself then left swiftly.

3 hours later

Amelia sat politely waiting for her dinner at the table surrounded by her father, her younger brother David who was 17 and her little sister Lisa who was 11. Not much the later, their dinner was brought out by their mother. Today was Chicken À La King, Amelia's favourite, as she'd just completed her first day at her new job.

"So has was your day Amelia, did it go well?" Her mother asked.

"It was wonderful! My boss, Mr Miles, has given me the perfect task of writing a short column every week about music for The London Post newspaper!" She said excited.

"Wow! That's incredible!" David said amongst other supportive comments.

"Music is so boring" Lisa said rolling her eyes as she poked her chicken.

"That's because you don't take time to understand it properly, we've gone over this before!" She said slightly agitated.

"Hey hey, let's not ruin today! What else did you do?" He said reasonably.

"Well a met a very nice lady called Sheila at a bakery where I bought my lunch. Then the fire alarm went off and we were all dismissed at about 3:30. So I spent some time down at the beach before coming back here" she said tucking into her meal.

"Anyway, enough about me, how was your day?" She asked David.

"It's been ok, just been finishing some coursework for my technology exam. Oh Karen and I are going to the pictures at 7:00 if that's ok?" He asked.

Karen was Davids girlfriend, they had been together for almost 3 years after they met at secondary school. Karen was one of the nicest people on earth and perfect for David. He had un diagnosed OCD, which was later on recognised in the twentieth century, as it was rare to doctors. Usually, extreme OCD patients would be admitted to mental asylums but not in Davids case. However, because his parents had no clue of why he was like he was, his family would be quite protective and adjusted to his needs. When Karen came along, Davids life was changed and he became less anxious and paranoid.

"Of course David, do you need any money?" Their mother asked.