Chapter 18-Campouts and Freak-Outs

Word Count-6650

Aaron's arms were wrapped tightly around Cordelia's waist as she tossed a few pieces of clothing onto the floor. They were in her closet packing for her weekend trip with her boys, and by packing I mean Cordelia throwing clothes she found suitable for the trip on the floor and Aaron holding her close to him in hopes it would keep her home. But, it was futile act.

"I think that should be good." Cordelia sighed as she looked over the pile of clothes.

Aaron rested his chin on her head. "How long are you going away?" He had a panic tone and look to him at the sheer amount of clothing she was planning on bringing.

"About three days." He moved so he could look her in the eye, an eyebrow raised in confusion. She sighed. "I threw them in the pile as suggestions on what to bring. I still need to go through it and choose what will most definitely safe to bring including extras because of Luke." She sighed. "He always has to start some sort of wrestling match and I don't want to trudge around in dirty or wet clothes after fighting with him."

"I'm coming in!" Luke's voice yelled along with the sound of the bedroom door opening.

"Speak of the devil." Cordelia muttered before Luke walked into the closet.

He clasped his hands together and made goo goo eyes whilst pursuing his lips. "Aw, don't you too look adorable?" He was in front of them in a flash, pinching one of each of the couple's cheeks. "Simply adorable!" He cooed.

Cordelia swatted his hands away and glared at her pest of a cousin. "What do you want Luke?"

"Came to make sure you were ready." He glanced down at the pile of clothes. "I see you are far from it." His eyes snapped up to Cordelia's as he placed his hands on his hips. "Can't you ever get anything done quickly Cordy?"

Cordelia mimicked his hand placement and scowled. "I prefer efficiency over speed, unlike you." She smirked and leaned her head closer to his. "Why do you think I always beat you at everything?"

Luke's smirk was identical to Cordelia's as he moved his face closer as well. "Except for in a race Snail."

The two erupted soft growls as they pressed their noses together, the electricity of anger seeming to fly between their intense stare. Aaron sighed, shaking his head in disappointment. Three....two....one....and. Cordelia's hand went up to hit Luke, only to be caught by the vampire as he brought up his own fist, this time it being caught by Cordelia. And, here we again. Aaron thought before lifting Cordelia off the ground and taking a few, quick steps back before Luke and Cordelia could knee each other but resulted in Luke falling and dragging Cordelia and Aaron with him.

The three groan on the ground from the impact. Their eyes snapped up at the exasperated sigh and foot tapping along with a pair of feminine giggles. Lionel was glaring down at them, still not very pleased with the idea of leaving his pregnant mate for the weekend, Jess and Cassia flanking his sides with amused looks. "You two can't go a day without causing trouble or fighting can you?"

The three on the ground sat up, Aaron immediately wrapping an arm around Cordelia, not caring at the moment if Lionel give him a death glare. Luke rubbed his head and presented a toothy grin. "Of course we can! It's just more fun to do those two things you mentioned."

Cordelia shrugged indifferently as Lionel raised an eyebrow, the vein on his forehead popping out in irritation. "We like to make things interesting."

Lionel pinched the bridge of his nose. "Now that sounds like the same excuse you used for-" He bit his tongue.

"For what Lionel?" Luke and Cordelia spoke simultaneously in innocent voices, their heads tilted towards each other slightly. Grins that would worry the devil himself spread over their faces. "Are you talking about our devil stage? Cause the twins can return in a snap." Their voices were evil and sounded like twin demons out of Hell speaking.