Chapter 12-The King of Awkward Situations

Word Count-6120

Aaron yawned as his eyes opened halfway. He was uncomfortable from sleeping on the couch all night, yet didn't want to move from his position due to a certain angel lying in his arms. His golden gaze took in Cordelia curled up into his side, her arms wrapped around his chest and her head nestled into his neck. Also, something Aaron was desperately trying to avoid thinking about, her legs were twined with his and one was lying across his waist in an unconsciously, provocative way. Let's just put it simply that it caused something that, if anyone else was up and noticed, would result in his head mounted on the wall.

Aaron heard a small snore, drawing his eyes towards the sleeping blondes on the bean bag chairs. Luke had apparently rolled over in his sleep and was now lying directly on top of Cassia, making Aaron concern if she was still breathing. It wasn't that Luke was a big man, he actually was quite skinny, but for the fact at how small Cassia is. She was the shortest of the group and was also the skinniest, but with a beauty that made Aaron wonder how many times Luke had to deal with admirers towards his mate. Cassia sighed happily in her sleep before lightly rubbing her head against Luke's, making Aaron release the breath he was holding.

His gaze then turned towards the opposite couch, only for his vision to be obscured by a massive back. Aaron chuckled silently at the realization that intimidating Lionel couldn't sleep without his mate, even going as far as crawling onto the couch just for the closeness. He couldn't tell whether or not they were cuddled up together as well, but slightly doubted the fact that Jess would have allowed it. Aaron still didn't understand why the two hadn't made up already and just wished they would make up soon. A man without his mate will either act depressed or angry, and Aaron severely doubted Lionel would chose depression over busting someone's head open from anger. That person most likely being Aaron if he didn't take care of his problem before the others woke up, dying either from the others protectiveness towards Cordelia or his own embarrassment.

A soft moan escaped Cordelia's lips as she pressed her body closer to his. Aaron's body elated with fire and his face matched the color of the trucks that would come to stop it. One of Cordelia's hands moved to rest on his chest as her leg around his waist tightened. Oh dear fates help me! Aaron thought as he judged that at this point he wouldn't even get the luxury of being hung on the wall, but instead have his carcass thrown to the mindless beasts to devour. Aaron shivered as he felt Cordelia's lips brush against his neck as she nuzzled closer. Well this couldn't be anymore awkward. Unless everyone else woke up. Oh dear fates please keep everyone asleep! I'm begging you! As if on cue, Cordelia's leg moved and finally touched a certain part of Aaron's anatomy, causing him to bite back a moan. Not everyone waking up, but still not helping with my problem! Another soft moan floated up into Aaron's ears from Cordelia's lips. Aaron allowed a soft moan of his own to escape his lips at the melodic sound.

A soft, sleepy giggle drew Aaron's attention down to his mate. "Y-you-you're a-awake?" Please be asleep. Please be asleep. Oh dear fates make her be asleep!

"Partially." She yawned and slightly rubbed his chest. "Why is your neck so warm? Do you have a fever?" Her hand moved up and pressed against his forehead. "Maybe we should bring you back to the infirmary, you're a bit too warm."

Well it ain't from a fever if that's what you're thinking. "I-I'm ju-ust...uh..." How the Hell am I supposed to explain I'm aroused without this being anymore awkward? Oh right, there is no possible way!

"You're what?" Cordelia asked. She moved slightly so she would be able to look at his face instead of his neck, only managing to rub her leg against him and froze. "Oh." She murmured as her own face flushed.

Aaron moved his arm to cover his face, but instead only managed to push Cordelia on top of him. They looked at each other's red faces and laid there frozen in embarrassment as their lower anatomies were pressed together. Cordelia opened her mouth to say something, only for a loud bang from the hallway. Cordelia buried her face into Aaron's neck. "Don't move too much, okay?" She whispered.