Chapter 3-I Apologize For, Well, That

Word Count-2416

Once Aaron was given back control of his body he quickly let go of the princess and took a few steps back and fell to his knees. "I am so sorry. My wolf took control and I couldn't stop him. I am so sorry." Aaron apologized.

Aaron kept his gaze down until he heard Luke laughing hysterically. Aaron looked up and saw  Princess Cordelia blushing a deep red. She turned and glared at Luke before looking back at the confused Aaron. She looked like she wanted to say something but instead she growled and stormed out of the tent in frustration, mumbling something about finding someone named Cassia from what Aaron could hear.

Luke wiped away a tear and helped Aaron up, still chuckling. "That was priceless. I haven't seen her blush since we were eight and she was embarrassed I read her diary." Luke said after sobering up.

"Am I going to die for making her angry?" Aaron asked drenched in fear.

"Like she would kill you." Luke snorted

"Why wouldn't she?" Aaron asked. "I made her angry."

"Didn't you hear your wolf? You're her soul mate. She's been looking for you since she was twelve." Luke explained with an ear to ear grin.

"Soul mate?" Aaron remembered Harold explaining the idea of 'mates' when he had taken him in as well as learning about them in school. He never thought he would have one due to the fact he wasn't born a werewolf but apparently he was proven wrong.

"Yeah you know, all mythical creatures have soul mates, or mates for short. They are the people you are meant to be with. Ring a bell?" Luke explained. He held his chin between his fingers as a thought crossed his mind, his tone becoming serious. "Rare for someone to have a changed as a mate, well at least for the royal family."

"So the princess and I were meant to be together?" Aaron asked, shocked. He just couldn't wrap his head around the idea of having a mate.

"Yup."

Aaron stood with his eyes wide in shock. He snapped out of it when someone clapped in his face. He blinks a few times and sees a smirking Luke.

"That shocked, huh?" Luke asked.

Aaron nodded. "So, what happens now?"

"You pack your bags and head back to Drogana with us. Knowing my Aunt Meriela your wedding shouldn't be too long." Luke explained.

"Wedding?" Aaron asked, his eyes widening once more.

"Yup. Cordelia's been looking for you for about thirteen years now. Her mother probably has everything planned out all ready." Luke said nonchalantly.

"Bu-" Aaron was cut off by a squeal. Both men turned around towards the back of the large tent and was met with the king and queen as they walked towards him. Aaron immediately bowed in respect.

A feminine laughter danced out of the queen's mouth. "My dear sir you do not need to bow." Aaron lifted his head and took in the royals appearances, making sure not to meet their eyes.

The queen had long, light brown hair that reached her mid back, with a sparkling gold crown atop it. She wore a long green gown that had golden accents. Her tannish arms hung delicately out of the long sleeves of her dress. She had plump lips curved up into a warm smile and a tiny nose. Her eyes were a brilliant green that looked like fresh grass. Her scent was that of the freshest of straw.

Aaron turned his eyes on to the king. The king stood at an intimidating height. He had short raven hair that was combed back on his head that was somewhat hidden under his crown. He wore a long black robe that covered all but his pale hands and head. His nose was hooked and slightly titled to the left. His eyes were a dull brownish gray that reminded Aaron of a black hole. He smelled of blood and power.