Chapter 13-Dating is Such a Strange Concept

Word Count-5510

Aaron's eyes closed on their own accord as he felt his breath mix with Cordelia's. A door slamming open caused the two to jump away and look towards a heaving Jess at the entrance, a look that resembled that of two guilty teenagers.

"Aaron. Out." Jess growled out as her eyes glowed.

Cordelia put a hand on Aaron's shoulder and whispered, "I would do what she says. She's not very rational when she's like this." Aaron glanced back at Cordelia before nodding. Cordelia snuck a quick peck to his cheek before he moved away from her, though Aaron wished her lips met a different part of his face.

He walked past the seething Jess and out the door, closing it behind him. He stuck around for a moment and listened carefully into the conversation going on inside of the room. He knew Jess and Cordelia were friends, but he didn't want to take a chance that her irrational thinking might take a turn for the worst. Not that he would fight Jess, she is non-deserving of getting hit as well as pregnant, but he could at least be a shield for Cordelia until Jess calmed down.

"Want to explain why you are so stressed?" Aaron heard Cordelia ask.

"Want to explain why you are only in a robe?" Jess snapped.

"I just got out of the shower and the stylists are looking for a dress. One came out and saw Aaron here and I do believe I need to clear some things up." Cordelia explained. "Why don't you sit and try to relax."

Aaron heard movement, presumably Jess walking to the couch and sitting. "It's killing me. That whole scene playing through my mind. I don't know what to do." Jess explained, her anger turning into anxiety.

What scene? Aaron thought as he focused more on the conversation.

Cordelia's soothing voice then filled his ears. "Well you are not going to tell Lionel. He needs good news right now, not of such vial things."

"He's going to be devastated when he learns though. I can't keep this from him any longer." Jess's voice was now shaking.

I suddenly have the feeling I shouldn't be listening to this. But then again, I don't think I can. Fudge my curiosity. Aaron thought.

"Trust me Jess, it'll be best if you don't mention it. Some things are best to be kept from others."

"Would you keep something like this from your own mate?" Jess growled.

Didn't she say I could trust her with anything?

"As far as my knowledge goes Aaron doesn't have the same past as Lionel."

I sure fudging hope nobody has the same past as me. I wouldn't wish that Hell on anyone, which is really saying something because a lot of people give me reason to.

"What are you talking about? What has Lionel confessed to you that he hasn't confessed to me?" Jess asked, her voice overflowing with hurt.

"It's more of the fact that I lived through it with him. You know none of us exactly had the best history Jess, as well as the fact that none of us like to talk about it."

Aaron's body tensed. What exactly happened to make her past anything less than perfect? She's a princess for fate's sake, she should have a past like one. These people need to learn to do their jobs and make their princess happy! Guess that's my job now. Aaron, you suck at your job.

"All Lionel's life he has been over-stressed with different obligations. Now that he has you, it's like all of those previous challenges were nothing. All he wants to do is be perfect for you. Another thing he, Luke, and I have in common." Cordelia chuckled.