Chapter 1: The Beginning

1490

JASMINA'S POV

I jolted up gasping for air. I felt around my chest for the blood I knew would not be there. "It was just a dream" I sighed running my hands through my hair.

It has been over 500 years since the night I transitioned. Every night I have the same exact dream over and over again.

All I remember is a deep, strong pain in my heart, screaming, than a little while later, me waking up. I cannot seem to remember anything before that point, or after I got into the woods. I still do not know what happened to me in the woods after I blacked out.

I have been having that same dream for about six months now. I can't remember anything else about my life, my childhood, who those people were, or why I was stabbed in the first place.

Well in the past 500 years I have embraced the fact that I am a vampire. Everything feels exactly the same, but it's greatly heightened.

My sense of hearing, smell, sight, and speed were all extremely heightened. The only thing I do not like doing is drinking from humans to the point of killing them. I always felt a huge wave of guilt afterwards.

I have not been in Bulgaria more than two weeks. I have not made any friends, though I would like to. I get awfully lonely sometimes.

Tonight I was going to go out to enjoy the beautiful moon and stars. They look the best from the center of the village, so that is where I was going.

It did not take me long to dress in my gown, for it was a simple brown peasant dress.

The only thing that I had of value was a beautiful golden ring with a pink diamond in the center.

I don't know why I had it or how I got it but I never took it off.

I was on my way into the village when I heard shouting and crying. I looked over to my right and saw a man storm out and hand what looked to be a baby to a man and woman.

I walked closer to the house so I would not get caught staring. I saw some bushes in front of the house and hid behind them. As I was hiding behind the bushes, the man came out again, and this time he was holding the arm of a girl.

This girl had curly dark brown hair and fair skin. She looked the epitome of innocence. She looked very familiar, but I could not put my finger on it.

"You have disgraced this family with that child, Katerina. I hereby exile you to England. I never want to see your face again." The man said. I am guessing that it was her child that he gave to the other couple. She ran into the carriage and rode away, and the man walked back inside.

Another young girl came rushing out of the house right afterwards. She looked to have tears on her face. I walked quietly up to her as not to frighten her.

"Are you alright?" I asked when I was closer to her. She gasped and jumped back startled.

"Who are you?" she asked with a little tremor in her voice.

I couldn't believe my eyes. This girl looked like a younger version of me. She looked to be about thirteen years of age. She looked like the girl who previously left, so I am guessing that she was her relative.

"Um.... My name is Jasmina. I just moved here not too long ago. What is your name?" I asked her in the most polite way I could.

"My name is Lucinda...Lucinda Petrova. It is nice to meet you Miss Jasmina." She replied and curtsied.

Right at that moment, it was like my past life flashed before my eyes. It came to me in a rush. All of my childhood memories from birth to age six. I remember that I have a sister.

I few tears ran down my face. I'll never get to see my sister again because she is dead. It has been 500 years, of course she was dead.

"Petrova? That is my name. And that girl who just left looked exactly like my sister Tatia. I am sorry to have disturbed you Lucinda." I said and turned around.

I do not know how and I do not know why, but those two girls look exactly like Tatia and I. The resemblance is just uncanny.

"Miss Jasmina, if you really are a Petrova, then you are family. I must insist that you stay with us while you are here." She told me.

"Oh no, no, no! I could not possibly intrude on your family."

I did not want to be a burden to anyone, nor did I want to hurt anyone. Sure I have gotten my thirst under more control, but I was in no way ready to be in a house full of people.

"My parents will not mind. I promise."

I would have to stay so I can get some answers. I would go insane if I did not find out why those two girls looked like Tatia and I.

"I guess I could stay a few weeks. But then I will no longer burden your family with me."

"They are your family too Jasmina. Come along inside." She said excitedly, "I want you to meet the rest of our family." She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the house.

'Uh-oh' I thought as she was about to pull me through the door. And then as if on cue, a barrier stopped me from going inside the house.

"Come on Jasmina, come inside. It is cold out there."

As soon as she said those words I took a step in. She took my hand once again and we ran up to her bedroom. We were both getting to know each other better and doing each other's hair.

"Jasmina, that ring on your finger, does that mean that you are married?" Lucinda asked.

"I do not know what this ring means. I woke up one day and it was on my finger. I have not taken it off since."

"Well it is very beautiful." She said.

"Thank you."

I finished braiding her hair and she turned around to face me.

"Lucinda, who was that girl outside earlier and why did she leave?"

"That was Katerina Petrova. She is my cousin. Her father disowned her...She had a child out of wedlock." She said with the most heartbroken look I have ever seen.

"I see...well I am sorry to hear that. It seems like the two of you were quite close." I said sympathetically.

"We were. She was my best friend. It was almost as if she was my sister. That is how close we were. We did everything together. We were stuck together by the hip like Siamese cats." She said with a sad smile on her face.

"I hope we can be as close Jasmina. Anyways we should probably get some rest. Tomorrow I have to introduce you to everyone." She said as we both got under the covers.

She was so sure that I was good. That I was just like her....the epitome of innocence. But she would soon find out that that is nowhere near who I really am.

************************************************************************************************************************************

This was the very first chapter. YAAAAAAHHHHH!!! I know that it's short but the next one will be longer I promise. This was kind of like a filler chapter because you need to know what happened before the next chapter.

Picture of Lucinda on the side ==>

6 Votes and 3 Comments before I post the next chapter

So...........

VOTE!!!!

&

COMMENT!!!

~KISSES, GABBY 😘