Chapter 18: Home Not so Coming

JASMINA'S POV

*1 Month Later*

Nik and I were walking through the woods in Portland looking for more werewolves to turn.

Just as we were coming up to a campsite, Nik cell phone rang.

He looked at the caller ID and picked up on the second ring.

"Portland is half decent, once you get over the whiney music and healthy looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

I looked at Nik with a curious face as to ask him who he was talking to.

"Your father is dead." I heard Stefan's voice on the other end of the line.

I froze in my tracks and so did Nik. He turned around and looked at me with his eyes wide.

"What did you just sat to me?" He asked Stefan.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered."

I stood there in complete and utter shock tears of happiness started to stream down my face.

"What do you want me to do with the body?"

Nik paused for a second before he said anything to wipe a tear from my cheek.

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

I heard Stefan sigh on the other end before he explained.

"Well I was keeping tabs on Elena, like you told me to, and I noticed that Mikael was following her so he could grab her and use her as bait. So Damon and I vervained him and in the process discovered that he had a dagger. Which he planned to use on Rebekah by the way, but instead Elena drove it through his heart."

I immediately grabbed the phone out of Nik's hands.

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body. For myself." I said and started pacing around.

"Well, he's here. Come by whenever."

"If you're lying to me, Stefan, you compulsion will expose you. So answer with your life. Is what your saying the truth?" I asked as tears started to slowly trickle down my face once again.

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes."

"I want to talk to Bekah." I demanded.

"That's not a problem she's right here."

"Hello, Jina." I heard the sweet voice of my best friend.

"Bex, love, what's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?"

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here."

I sighed.

"We'll be home soon.

"Good, I'll see you then luv." She said and the phone clicked.

"Looks like we are going to Mystic Falls, and we have nothing to worry about anymore. Nik you don't have to keep running anymore. We can finally go home."

"Well then love, let's go home." He said and embraced me with a passionate kiss.

"Nik, let's celebrate, since Mikael is daggered, why don't we host a celebration. I know that the homecoming dance is tonight, but let's have Tyler host it and I could bring my hybrids and you could bring your hybrids and we can all come together like a family. What do you think?"