Chapter Five

Chapter 5:

The rest of the night went by in a flash, and before I knew it I had been returned home the next day in one of Mrs. Greens’ five luxuriously furnished limos!  Of course, we got no sleep at all, as is customary at such sleepovers.

I thought nothing more of the pictures that we had taken previously, so I was surprised when Lyssa came up to me the next day, looking very nervous.

“Hey. . .  Um, you know those funny pictures that we took the other night, just playing around?  Well . . . My mom kinda maybe.... saw them on her camera the next day before I was able to delete them(I was going in to delete them right when she picked up her camera, of course), and even though I tried to tell her to delete them she kept them and now she says that she is going to talk to your mom and I am so so so so so so so sorry about that, and I know you will hate me now, but I really like you and wish you would just forgive me because nobody is perfect.  You know, like the Hannah Montana song?”  Her words came out in a rush, as though she was afraid that I would hurt her and cut her off while she was talking.  She almost seemed scared that I would hit her or something.

I just laughed.  Lyssa could never do anything to make me that angry.  Guess there is no harm in playing it up a little, though ;).

“LYSSA!  How could you do this to me!  You’ve ruined my life!  Now my mom will probably ground me for life!  I will never be able to be cool, or get a good education, or have any fun at all!  My life will be terrible!  It will almost be like I am Rapunzel, except without a prince to save me when I am in need.”  I sobbed, being very good at faking tears.  

To her credit, Lyssa looked horrified and ashamed that she had made me cry.  She looked like she was about to walk over to me and comfort me, but then she realized what I had been doing to her, and she looked furious, but also trying to hide her smile.  I kind of wished that I could have held it out a little longer, though.  I am great at acting, aren’t I?  

“Am I that bad at acting?” I asked Lyssa, pretending to be horrified at the thought.    She nodded her head, still shaking with laughter.  

I pretended once again to be angry, and I stormed off towards my locker.  However, then I got lost, and I had to turn back to her, who had been following me the whole time, and ask her for help.  

Still not used to where everything was in the school, I had to ask Lyssa for help once again in finding my homeroom.  

The rest of the day passed slower than a snail, and the second that the bell rang I jumped up from my chair, screamed in joy, and ran out the door before my teacher could even finish his “goodbye, class.  See you tomorrow!  Oh . . . And don’t forget to do worksheet seventy-six on page five-hundred and four.”

Lyssa drove me home as payment for letting her mom have the pictures.  I couldn’t imagine if Mrs. Green would be angry, amused, or frustrated that we had used her camera without permission.

When we reached my home, I saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway.  I turned to Alyssa, and the look on her face told me that the car belonged to her mom.  

‘Oh, great.  Well, it’s now or never....’ I told myself, sucking up the little amount of confidence that I still had left after beating myself up all day during class(because who listens to those boring lectures, anyway?).  However, it was unnecessary, because as I was approaching the door, Mrs. Green was leaving the house.  As we passed by each other, she smiled and passed me a piece of paper.  To my surprise, I noticed that it was her business card.  Why would she give it to me?  It looked very official with her name all in black cursive, but there was no reason that she would give it to me besides giving me her address so I could mail her family an apology letter for harming precious property.  Well, I guess I will start a rough draft tonight.  More stuff to do, of course.  I guess the five papers that are due tomorrow weren’t enough.