Chapter TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 10: Flashbacks and Resolutions

Lyssa and I had a lot to cover in a very short time, since Tuesday had just passed us.  Over and over, Lyssa told me how hard this was going to be for her to accomplish this transformation, but I just scoffed.  With all the right reason, because there is no way that teaching someone something so simple could take that long.  All you needed to do was clear your mind of everything and act like a total Barbie.  Right?  It was a completely simple action, yet somehow it seemed so difficult, and I could not manage to successfully complete it.  

Even as a child, I had always hated barbies.  While other girls were hanging out at the park with their friends surrounded by piles of miniature clothes.  Just the shape of the bodies disturbed me, and I spent more time jumping around in the river behind my house than at a friend’s house making up dialogues for their distorted little figurines and matching outfits.

That was why Alex and I had become such great friends, because he hated everything that I hated as well.  As children, Alex and I had been inseperable, even though the girls in our town became boy-crazy at a young age.

He was always surrounded by a small crowd of giggling nine year-olds, and I just followed silently behind him as he flirted with them.  The fact that he also had unexplainable talent on the guitar and singing also added into their attraction.  Alex was officially ‘discovered’ after performing at our local mall for a school fundraising event.  

At the event, a talent scout had approached him and given him the talent agency’s card and told Alex to tell his mom about this meeting.  I still remembered Alex running up to me and my small group of friends and pulling me off to a secret corner of a shop no one ever entered that had become our secret hiding place over the last few years.  

The card had a picture of a girl singing and playing guitar, and across the picture were the words “Discover your hidden talent today!  Not only will we help you become the best, but we will make sure the world knows it.  Call us today, and we will make you the best in the world!”  

I tried to dissuade Alex, telling him and his mother, who was all for trying new things, that this was a scam.  However, when his mother pointed out that they were paying nothing, I had no other arguments, and I had no other option but to watch as my best friend moved away, off to Hollywood and excitement and--girls.  

We both had decided that we would love each other forever and never go out with other boys or girls, but that we would wait until we were a little older to date each other and eventually marry.

However, years passed and soon Alex’s label required him to take on the new “badboy” aura that was now so popular with girl audiences.  Before long, a new picture was taken every day of him going out with girls, and he was deemed the worst badboy in Hollywood, and a player to boot.  

As I watched Alex go from girl to girl, my anger boiled up inside of me.  I wished that I had never met him, and any ties that he had continued to hold with me were cut off in fury.  Mean words were said, and before long, Alex was mad at me as well.  We had not spoken again until now, and we had not seen each other face-to-face for nine years.  Every magazine that had his face on the cover had been shunned by me and my friends, who had sympathized with me. 

So you can imagine how shocked I had been after I saw him again at the modeling agency, but then to also be told that in the future he might be assigned as a potential partner in a modeling shoot.  Also, when he showed up at school out of the blue, I was furious, but also I kind of realized how much I missed confiding in him, sharing all of my secrets, and gossiping about how the new girl wore so much makeup that she looked like a barbie.

Of course, now he liked fake barbies with only three personalities:bubbly, obnoxious, and very fake, so that was what he was going to get.  I still liked Alex, but I decided to do everything in my power to make him like me again so that I could crush him like he had crushed me.  

I jumped on my motorcycle(which I was immensely proud of), and drove over to Lyssa’s house.  Now I was used to the path full of rich houses, and seeing rich and famous people that I daily saw on television strolling in the park that sat in the middle of the neighborhood.  

The path along the road amazed me every time I passed on it since it was surrounded by pools, flowers, and small gardens.  While my neighborhood was filled with people of questionable integrity and criminal records, their neighborhood only had millionaires, sweet old grandparents, and rich politicians or celebrities.  

I jumped off of my bike, which was my only prized possession.  Steering it up their driveway to the area designated for a parking lot, I dragged my motorcycle into a spot.  

Lyssa greeted me at the door, and I knew that she had probably been waiting for me since I texted her, telling her that I decided to come over to her house for dinner if it was alright with her.  Of course, she had replied that her house was mine, and that I was welcome any time.  Haha, that rhymed!

“Let’s go swimming!”  She squealed in delight, not even giving me an option.  

“Sorry to rain on your parade, but I don’t have a swimming suit, so it is not an option.”  This was probably the hundredth time that she had begged me to go swimming with her, but I had always protested.  Swimming was definitely not one of my favorite things, and it made me feel insecure about my body.  So far I had done two swimming suit shoots, and they had both just been little triangle bikinis, which surprisingly did wonders for my body--note the sarcasm.

“First teach me how to be a barbie!” I whined, and she huffed but turned around and began stomping back towards her front door.

I followed, shaking in silent laughter at her antics.  If her little brothers had not been around, she probably would have thrown herself on the floor and decided that she was not going to give up without a fight.  

Lyssa loved her little brothers, and she wanted only the best for them, so she always tried to set a good example, but when we were alone, she acted like a five year old.  She immensely enjoyed the attention she received because of it, and many people loved being around her because she acted so funny and gave them a laugh.

Finally reaching the bedroom, Lyssa jumped onto her bed and began pretending to cry into her pillow.  “I can’t b-b-believe that you n-never do a-an-anything that I-I want to do.  D-do you hate me or something?”

I could tell immediately that this was going to be a long, long night.  

Author's Note:  OH MY GOODNESS!  THIS IS THE TENTH CHAPTER OF H2BF!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!  I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!  I AM NOW OVER ONE THOUSAND READS, AND I HAVE RECIEVED SO MUCH GOOD FEEDBACK. 

Please excuse me while i wipe away my tears of joy.  

*Several moments later*

Okay, I'm back.  Thank you guys again, I never imagined that this story would be this long.  This chapter is sufficiently long so that I can show you my thanks....... I love you guys.  

On another more sad note:  4 more days till I go on a trip that will take eleven days.  Now I am excited as all getout, but I will not have internet access for about half of it.  I will try to write, but I am not sure how much.  So, if not earlier, I will see you guys in two weeks or so!

~loviedovy12