Chapter Number Six

Here's the next chapter!  I finally updated!  Yay! 

Chapter 6:

Before the end of the week, the word had spread that I would soon be working for one of the most wealthy and famous modeling companies in the world.  Lyssa and I had made sure to email the biggest gossips in our whole school, possibly the whole world, so that the word would spread sooner.  Suddenly, I had moved up in the social ladder, moving from the bottom notch to one of the top twenty-five notches.  Which sounds as though it is hardly an improvement, but considering that there were over five hundred millionaires in my school and more than just a couple of billionaires.  

At our school, your dad either had to be a billionaire or at least a millionaire to be famous.  Or I guess if you were a celebrity or model you would be accepted.  Also, having your mom be a world-renowned designer doesn’t hurt, and when your dad owns half of the nation’s malls, your reputation is sure to be improved.  

Before I knew it, I was instantly crowded the moment I entered school by girls and boys trying to see if I could recommend their name for a model if the company(my company, now) ever needed their help.  Losers with a capital L.  None of them cared about me, just about my connections.

Still other students ignored me, gossiping about me behind my back.  Now these were the people who had five record deals, or were already modeling for the company, or the billionaire’s children who were secretly envious.  But I knew that I could never please everyone, and I would just have to live with it.  

When I entered school on Monday, Lyssa met me at the door.  “I’m not so sure that this is a good idea, you know, you modeling and all,”  she told me.  I knew why, of course, as, while she was telling me this she had been clinging to my arm protectively.  I ignored her, as I knew she would just have to get used to me being popular.... Or at least semi-popular.  

“Come on, face it!  You’re just jealous about all of the attention I have been attracting recently......  Poke!”  I said, jabbing her in the side as I teased her mercilessly.   She nodded her head, suddenly solemn.  I had never seen her so solemn and ashamed of herself.  I laughed and shoved her.

“Lighten up!  I am just joking. . .  But you don’t need to worry about getting replaced.  You actually have a brain in your head instead of the dust in everyone else’s brains.  Or I guess they have golden brains, for all they think about money and stuff.  And you’re actually funny!  Without you, I wouldn’t even be in this situation, so I owe you the world.  So turn that frown upside down, you silly butt!”  I giggled absentmindedly, my mind on the situation that I had gotten into.  What if I turned out to actually be terrible at modeling?  And after all of the kind things that Mrs. Green had done for me!  Failure was not an option.

The bell rang; we jogged over to our first class, because even though the class already started, our first class teacher is close to blind, and as long as we weren’t half an hour late we were good.  Attendance at the beginning of class didn’t matter as much as attendance at the middle of the class, as if you didn’t answer him when he asked you a question, you were in for a whole heap of trouble.  

Later that Day after School:

After the bell rang for the last time in the day, everyone was ready to escape from the jail known as school.  Mrs. Green, or should I say, my boss(just makes me feel like I have more power..... Just do it to amuse me.) had called me and told me that she would send her chauffeur to pick me up and take me to her modeling agency.  So, I said goodbye to Lyssa and her group of friends which had come to accept me, and I walked down to the corner of the school which I had been told I would be picked up at.