Chapter 8

The shrill sound of my alarm clock woke me up the next mornin. I groaned as i felt my joints crack from the stiffness of my body. I stood up and slid my feet into my fluffy bunny slippers and went to the bathroom. I opened the water in the shower and while i was waiting for it to heat up, i sat on the toilet seat examining the damage.

I didn't have bruises on my arms and legs but when i lifted my shirt, i had purple and blue bruises all over my stomach, especially by my ribs. I touched them and winced at the pain. I sighed and stood up to take my clothes off. As i was taking my shirt off, i caught my reflection in the mirror. I had a huge bruise on my face that made my cheek swollen. I would need a lot of make up to cover that mark. I took off the rest of my pyjamas off and got in the shower.

 I immediately winced at the pain i felt when the hot water touched me. It seemed as if the places where the bruises had formed were more sensitive than the rest of me. I quickly showered and got out. I put on my robe and went to my room. I changed into a pair of black shorts with a white long sleeved v-neck shirt and a pair of white sandals.

 Once i was done with my make up by covering my face with make-up, i started on my hair by making it into a french plait with side bangs to cover my cheek. I looked way better than i did last night. I gave myself a fake smile and took my bag and went out to school. When i got there, i smiled and waved at people that waved at me even though i didn't know them. I went to my locker to get my books to find Justin, one of the jocks standing by my locker. I smiled at him and waited for him to speak. He smiled back nervously,

 "Uhm, hey, Haven... I was wondering...if...well..."he trailed off. I smiled, he was so cute. He had shaggy blonde hair and light blue eyes such a contrast to our new principle. Why was i even thinking about him. Maybe because he's hot? I shook my head and tried to concentrate on what Justin was saying. "Well i wondering if you would go on a date with me?" Justin was very nice, not like the typical player jock. Every girl wanted tn be with him because he was sweet and caring. Maybe he was the one? The one who would still be there when i woke up the next day.

 "Haven?" he said waving his hands infront of my face. I shook my thoughts away and smiled brightly at him. It was a while since i smiled genuinely "Sorry, i spaced out there, i would love to go on a date with you," i said not even thinking about my father. He let out a heartbreaking smile that showed his dimples. "Great! I'll pick you up at seven." he said and walked away.

I smiled and opened my locker to take my books but before i could i saw the principle standing a few feet away looking really pissed. He cursed and walked away. I shrugged and went to class as the bell rang. The rest of the day went by slowly and the day ended to soon for my liking because i now i had to go serve my detention. I knocked on his door and went in.

He sat at his desk , looking down unblinkingly. I walked up to his desk and put my bag down and cleared my throat. Without looking at me he said, "Start by packing those books in the shelf." i nodded and got started. Whenever i bent down i could feel his eyes on me. His gaze didn't feel like all the others that made me feel used and uncomfortable.

 His gaze made me feel warm and safe but most of all it made me feel sexy and that's what scared me. I finished two shelves without words being exchanged between us. After the hour was finished i grabbed my bag and walked to the door but before i could open it he said, "What do you see in them?" "Excuse me?" i said.

 He shook his head and turned to face the window. I looked at him confused and walked out. What did he mean by them? I closed the door and turned back to look at the nameplate at the door. MR.X. COLLlNS, hmmm, that wasn't a bad name. Haven Collins. I liked it, it had a ring to it. I laughed at myself and ran to my car to get to my personal hell before the monster did............................. .. ........... . ......... .

.hope you liked it, i'd like to thank everyone for all the votes and fans really appreciate it! It really motivates me! So plz continue reading and voting and fanning! Love werewolflover1