Chapter 20

Have you ever had a dream where you are falling, just falling, and you are so scared but there's seems to be no end to your fall then suddenly you wake up and you're on the ground with your blankets surrounding you; only then do you realize that you fell off your bed?

I had that, except I woke up on a floor that wasn't mine and surrounded by blankets that weren't mine. I gasped in pain from the fall and realized my ankle was pounding in pain. I couldn't see much because the curtains were drawn and the light was switched off. I tried to swallow but was stopped by my dry throat.

I had to continuously swallow and lick my dry, cracked lips until I was satisfied. Everything was aching, my face, my arms, my whole body! By this time I  had slightly adjusted to the dull light and I tried to get up but winced in pain when I realised my ankle was bandaged up and I couldn't step on it. It was completely silent in the room, except for my rugged breathing. I let out a slow breathe and limped to the curtains to open them and get a sense of my surroundings.

I opened the curtains and was met by nothing but a huge forest, familiar forest but I just couldn't put my finger on where I remembered it from, it hurt too much to think. I turned my back on the window, grateful for the small amount of light the moon brought in and limped back to the bed. I sat down, grateful to be taking the weight off my leg and surveyed what little I could see of the room.

It was set up to look like a hospital room, but one of those fancy comfortable ones meant for rich people. I knew my father could afford to put me in a room like this but he would never bring me to a hospital where he would practically be turing himself in for abuse. Maybe he realised the wrong of his ways and had actually brought me here....maybe...nah...i knew my father didn't have the guts to bring me here he would have just let me die. The room was mostly white and blue from what I could see with a drip next to the bed , a TV overlooking the  bed and even one of those buttons that you could use to call a nurse. I looked down at my arm and saw that it too was bandaged.

I wondered why I was so calm and tried to think back to what my father did to possibly have me end up in a hospital, all I could remeber was trying to run away and him catching me,bringing me back into the house and throwing me to the ground....then it all becomes blank...

I sighed, my brain hurting from trying to put the pieces together. I got into the blankets and rested my head on the huge fluffy pillow and slowly picked up the button and tried to press the button to call the nurse who could maybe explain  to me what happened, but before I could do that, I passed out...

I woke up to the sound of snoring that was definitely not there when I woke up the first time. I groaned when the first wave of pain hit me. The snoring stopped.

"Haven?" A husky voice whispered, a warm hand cupped my cheek,sending electrical shocks all over my body, I opened my heavy eyes to be met by a worried looking angel.
"Am I dead?" I asked, or should I sat croaked, this had to be heaven cause no one on earth could look this good but I was told that there was no pain in heave so that really confused me, but if I could see this angelic man everyday, I would take the waves of pain as they came.

He chuckled, "No, you're still on earth thank God," he said and kissed the top of my head. The fog that had gathered in my mind, cleared a bit for one word to process.

"Xavier," I whispered.  He smiled, flashing his unbelievably straight teeth. "What happened? Where am I? Where's my father?" I asked my mind buzzing with so many unanswered questions.
Suddenly Xavier's demeanor changed and became tense and his eyes flashed gold....gold? Ohh right...werewolf, I thought to myself I could never wrap my head around that.

"That man is not your father Haven, if I hadn't gotten there in time...." He shuddered. Then suddenly all the memories started rushing back..he didn't know how right he was about him not being my father. A single tear slid down my face then i couldn't hold it in anymore and cried my heart out, I cried for all the pain he had put me through, all the lies, I cried for my dead mother....Xavier said nothing but gathered me into his arms and let me cry. I cried until I couldn't cry  any more and all that was left were dry sobs. I pulled myself together and pulled away from him.
"Where is he?"
He looked around uncomfortably,
"Xavier..."
"When I got to your place and saw him strangling you, I went crazy and my wolf took over. I pulled him off you and we got into a fight, I was about to finish him off when I realized that your heart beat was getting slower, I couldn't let you die so in that moment of distraction he managed to get away, " he answered gravely, regret in his eyes. I cursed my heart for not being stronger for one more second so that Xavier could finish him off.
"When I had gotten you to the pack doctor, I sent out pack member to go search for him but he had already crossed boundary lines, he wouldn't have been able to cross the line so fast after that fight, unless he got help from another wolf, " he continued distractedly, all this talk of wolves and packs left me dizzy, I was just glad that HE  was out of my life no matter how temporary it was. But somehow I knew Xavier would find him, I trusted him...as little as I knew about him, I knew I could trust him. I blocked Xavier out reveling in  the relief of being away from Greg, my father, I mean, my...what? What was he? My step father? My mothers murderer and almost mine......

I looked at Xavier...I mean really looked at him, he looked a little thinner, with bags under his eyes.. "Xavier," I said interrupting what ever he was saying, "How long have I been unconscious?"
"It's been two weeks Haven, I was scared that you weren't going to wake up at all, if the doctor hadn't assured me everyday I would have surely gone crazy," he said with concern in his eyes. My whole body ached to comfort him, I moved towards him and pulled him into a hug which he immediately reciprocated but was still careful not to hug me too tightly "I'm not going anywhere," I whispers into his ear.

He pushed away, and looked at me in a way that no one had ever looked at me, with such love and devotion, I was sure I would melt, it suddenly hit me...I had gotten everything that I had ever wanted and I hadn't even slept with him, I mean we had barely kissed three times! Yet here he was, my knight in shining armor, looking at me like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time. I smiled, I smiled for real , a thing I hadn't done in years.

He kissed me softly, lighting up every part of my body, pain forgotten, I kissed him back hungrily, which he returned, he licked my bottom lip asking for entrance which I gladly gave him. We kissed till I had to come out for air. We rested our for heads against each other, breathing heavily. Then he whispered three amazing words to me "I love you"

End of chapter
Hey, I know its been a while but here's the next chapter, thank you for all the support and putting up with me through these years. No this isn't the end of the chapter, this story just started.....don't forget to comment!!! Love you all!!! Mwaahhzzz!!