Chapter 26: Mom and Dad?

Megamind's POV

Minion and I made it to the hospital and go in Emily's hospital room. Roxanne was there.

"How is she? How did you find her?" I asked.

"I found her just by looking in the gravel. She's in very critical condition. The doctor said she might have a concussion." She answered.

I turn my head to the bed. Emily was in a coma and had a breathing mask on her. I walk over to her and hold her hand. I fall on my knees and feel tears roll down my cheeks.

"Why did this have to happen?" 

"It's not your fault Megamind." Roxie said.

"Yes it is. She's in this condition because of me. I brought her into every war and battle I had. And I never knew that she would get this hurt just by one battle." I explained.

The hospital door opens. We turn our heads to the door. A couple comes in. I did not recognize them, because I have never seen them before. I stand up, still looking at them, and still holding Emily's hand.

"Who are you?" Minion asked.

"We're that girl's real parents." The woman answered.

"And I'm her real father." The man added with a glare of hatred towards me.

"And how would we believe that?" I asked.

We all hear a soft yawn and turn to the bed. Emily opens her eyes. She's alive!

"Emily!"

"Dad?" She asked looking at me.

I hug her, "Thank goodness you're alright. I would have never forgiven myself if you didn't wake up."

"That's OUR daughter. Not yours!" The couple yelled.

Emily and I turn to them.

"Who are they?" She asked.

"Some people who were just leaving." I said glaring at them.

The walk to Emily and her "dad" shoves me out of the way.

"Emily. It's us, your real mommy and daddy." The woman said.

I groan and stand up.

"How?" She asked giving them a curious look.

They pull out a picture of them holding a baby girl with blue eyes.

"That baby. . .is you." The man said.

"Mom and Dad?" She asked.

I feel tears flooding my eyes.

"But why did you come back for her after 15 years?" Roxanne asked.

"Because we found out that Megahead-"

"Megamind." Emily corrected.

"Megamind." The lady said rolling eyes, "Was raising her. And that's a bad influence for a teenager."

"I'm not a bad influence on her. She loves me dearly and I gave her the love that you two did not." I said.

"Yeah. And plus, I don't trust strangers that I meet after I just woke up." Emily said crossing her arms.

"Well get used to it. Because we are taking you home tomorrow." The man said.

"TOMORROW?!?!"