Chapter 23: Save me

Megamind's POV

I was sitting in my jail cell flipping through the channels on the TV. I flip a channel to see Tighten.

"Megamind! You and I have some unfinished business." He said.

I glare at the TV.

"Meet me at Metro Tower in 1 hour. Oh, and so you don't get cold feet." He said then showing Roxanne.

"Roxanne?"

She's tied to the tower with metal road signs.

"Not only her, but another one." Tighten added showing Emily chained to the building with a rag over her mouth.

"Emily!"

"Mmm hmm mmm mhm!" She muffled.

"I have your precious daughter. If you don't come, you won't have a daughter anymore." He said, then signing off.

I jump up from my chair and bang on the door.

"Warden! You have to let me! Tighten has to be stopped!"

"Sorry Megamind you still have 88 life sentences to go." He said.

I sigh.

"Do you want to hear me say it? I'll say it! From the blackest part of my heart! I am...sorry."

"Not buying it." He replied.

I sigh again, "I don't blame you. I lied to Roxanne, treated my best friend poorly, and...hurt Emily. I just wanted to be the good guy. Like Minion said, evil can't raise babies. So then I thought, but good can. But long after that, 15 years, everything fell apart with me in the middle of it. Now the 2 most important girls in my life are in danger because of me. Please, don't make them go through the pain of my mistakes."

I look down as a tear drops from my eye. He open the door smiling.

"Apology accepted." He said, then suddenly turns into Minion.

"Ah Minion. You fantastic fish you."