Chapter 24: Won the war, but lost a life

(A/N): Very emotional btw. Comment and Like!💙😁

Emily's POV

Tears fall from my eyes as Tighten hits me every 5 minutes when my dad doesn't show up.

"Tighten leave her alone!" Roxanne yelled.

He stops and looks at her.

"Better watch it Roxie or you'll be next." He replied.

I squirm around and kick Tighten down. He groans as he stands up and glares at me with red eyes. Just then, something knocks him down.

"Metro Man!" Roxanne yelled.

"Mmm?"

Uncle Minion and my dad jump to us. My dad frees me while Uncle Minion frees Roxanne.

"Daddy." I cried hugging him.

"Emily." He said sighing in relief.

We hop in the flying motor cycle and fly off. Next thing we know, a huge building crashes into us. I cough and look around.

"Emily! Roxanne! Run!" My dad yelled.

I gab Roxanne's arm and run inside a skyscraper.

"Emily what are you doing??" She asked.

"Trust me on this. Come on." I answered running up the stairs.

Megamind's POV

Now Metro Man, Minion, and I are fighting Tighten.

"You guys are so DEAD!" He yelled.

I look around for Emily and Roxanne.

"Wait, where's Emily and Roxanne?"

"Yo Tighten! Over here! Come kick my butt why don't ya?" Emily yelled from the very top of the skyscraper.

Tighten growls and flies towards her.

"Come on we have to save them!" Metro Man said.

Emily's POV

I stand on the very top of the skyscraper, thinking of what to do next.

"Emily do you even have this planned out?" Roxanne asked.

"I'm workin' on it."

The building suddenly shakes. I look down to see Tighten trying to destroy the building.

"He's trying to tear the building down." I said.

"Emily! Roxanne!" Metro Man yelled from the other building.

My dad and Uncle Minion were there too. They all have very concerned looks on their faces.

"Roxanne!" I yelled grabbing her hands.

I swing her to Metro Man and he catches her. I building crumbles under my feet, making me gasp.

"Emily!" My dad and Uncle Minion yelled.

I feel something cold around my ankle and look down. I was chained to the skyscraper. Tighten laughs evilly and flies away. The building crumbles more as I try to break free. My dad has worriedness full in his eyes.
I stand up and run to jump to him. But the building drags me down.

"Ahhh!"

Megamind's POV

I watch my daughter fall before me.

"Ahhh!" Her scream pierced my ears.

"EMILY! NOOOO!" I cried.

I look down to only see grey fog from the collapsed building, no sign of Emily anywhere. Tears drop from my eyes as my jaw drops. Roxanne puts her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Megamind." She said.

I felt my heart grow cold the more I thought about Tighten. I grab my defuser gun and run away without saying a word. I see Tighten standing near the gravel, smirking.

"No one messes with Tighten." He snarled.

I shoot Tighten and he turns back to normal. I then couldn't control my anger anymore.

"YOU KILLED MY DAUGHTER!" I yelled punching him nonstop.

Minion pulls me back and I squirm to break free.

"LET ME AT HIM! MINION LET GO!"

Metro Man takes Tighten away and Roxanne runs to me. Minion lets me go and I stare at the gravel of the scene. I fall to my knees and sob.

"Emily." I sobbed.