Chapter 21: The Truth

The part you've all been waiting for!💙🤗😁

Emily's POV

I feel the bruise on my arm and wince in pain.

"This is bad. This is so very bad." My dad said pacing around.

"Telling me." I replied as a brain bot puts an ice pack on my head, "What are we going to do?"

"I don't know. Minion's gone and-" He stopped as if he realized something, "Stay here with the brain bots."

With that said, he left. I look at the brain bot confused.

Megamind's POV

I run out of the lair and go to Roxanne's. I am then stopped by the door man.

"Hey you can't come in here!" He said.

I roll my eyes and shoot him with my dehydration gun. I grab the ice cube and run to her apartment.

"Roxanne let me in!"

She opens the door and says "Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin."

She shuts it and I bang on it again.

"Roxanne please! I need your help!"

"Why do you need my help?" She asked.

"Tighten's gone evil." I answered.

"Congratulations another one of your genius plans has back fired on you. And why did my door man let you up?" She asked.

I give her the ice cube and she gasps. She opens the door and I run in and look around.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"Because Tighten has gone evil and you know him more than anyone else. If we don't find a way to stop him, he'll destroy the city and try to kill my daughter." I explained.

"Emily isn't your daughter!" She yelled.

"Why is it such a big deal?!? She's a daughter to me! It doesn't matter!"

"Yes it does!" She yelled again.

"How so?" I asked.

"Because she's taken things too far!" She answered.

"Don't blame her for what she's done." I replied.

"You're right. I should blame YOU!" She said poking me.

"You took her from the alley, you lied to her, you made her destroy Metro Man, and worst of all, she's turned against the whole world." She finished.

"But you have to understand! I love her too much to let her go! I'm scared of telling her the truth!" I explained.

"W-what?" A voice asked.

We both turn to the doorway to see

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Emily. She had tears in her eyes.

"Emily." I gasped.

"How much did you hear?" Roxanne asked.

"Every word." She answered backing away.

I walk closer to her as she has a sad look on her face. The way she looked at me made my heart shatter.

"Emily, sweetie, I-" I started as I touch her cheek.

"YOU WERE NEVER MY FUCKING DAD!" She smacks my hand and runs away.

"EMILY!"

She disappears within a snap. I scream as I grab ahold of my head.

"Why did you make me do that!"

"It was for her and your own good!" She answered.

"No it wasn't! Roxanne I loved her as my own daughter! Yes I know what I did was wring but...I just couldn't bare the thought of losing her. But now that she knows, she's gone. And there's nothing more I can lose. I'm now nothing. I know what it was like being abandoned, so I didn't want her to know." I explained walking home.

Roxanne's POV

Maybe Megamind really loves her as a daughter. Next thing I know, I black out.