Recolours

I was meaning to write this ages ago. Thank you to @MysticRainbowDragon for suggesting it because honestly, I forgot these were a thing.

Recolours are the type of character that you see if you type 'sonic the hedgehog oc' into google images. Just taking the characters that exist and dying them from blue to green.

It's lazy.

I can understand if you can't draw but really want an image of your OC (original character). But in many cases the characters don't change at all or it just becomes a self insert. And self inserts is just lazy writing 8/10 times. That's another chapter.

It's better to change the existing characters up. I had a great story idea using characters that already exist (just the characters, not plot). So what I did was, not only change the character appearance, but also the personalities a little. Just to separate from what existed. Sadly that is not yet posted on Wattpad.

In my opinion, recolours are better left in the deviant art realm. At the end of the day, it feels like only kids do this and I'm looking at characters from a more literate point of view. I want good characters and recolours usually aren't because the vast majority are just art.

And quickly, what are 'Adoptables?'

I see them all over the place when looking at recolours and I don't understand them at all. Once I adopt a recolour replica of your puppy, can I draw it however I like? Because before I adopt it, some force of nature prevents me doing so?

Can someone please explain in the comments.

---

If you guys have any more chapter suggestions please DM me or leave a comment on my 'Unofficially Finished' chapter. I'm more likely to read it there.

Thanks for the wait! (I rarely do kisses)