Chapter Five

++

Chapter Five

++

- LEONA -

"No you can't be fucking serious you can't trust a word that he says." Phaedra said frustrated.

Yuri had been contacting me sense I left leaving voicemails and texts and finally I had decided to answer him. I didn't think Yuri was anything like my brother and I had known him a long time. As my brother saber he had to do what was asked of him and I understood that. He asked me to meet him that he wanted to have the talk we never had because of the way I left.

He was happy now and he just wanted to see me and make sure everything was okay. So we made a plan to meet and Phaedra was freaking the hell out about it.

"I don't think it's a good idea Leona." Orva chimed in.

"I know how you all feel but I'm going to do this. I'm going to bring my phone and I will check in the moment I get to Kobble path. If you feel like anything I wrong than you know exactly where I'm going to be." I reassured her.

I walked over and brushed her hair behind her ear and pressed my lip softly against hers. 

"Please baby just think about it don't go tonight." Phaedra said softly.

"It's okay I'll be back soon." I smiled.

I grabbed the light black jacket that sat on the arm of the couch by the door and walked out of the door. I went to the stable and borrowed a phantom horse and headed to Kobble path.  If I could just talk to Yuri and get him to see that Julius was doing would destroy the city. I believed that I could convince him to help me and just maybe make things easier. 

After twenty minutes I got to the weird twisted rock that sat at the edge of the path and headed up the dirt path toward the top of the hill.  I hopped of the horse and I could see Yuri standing by a tree with a horse and his head hanging low.

"That's not the face of a happy man." I said getting him to look up.

He raised his head and his eyes were big with shock. "I didn't think you would really show."

"I'm sorry about the way that I left but I had to get out of that city. It didn't feel like my home and from what I have heard it still isn't. "I replied walking toward him.

"You should have talked to me and just told me instead of running away the way you did." He bit out.

"I know that I hurt you and I know that this isn't how either one of thought things would go. But this is where we are now. I see you moved on and your about to get married and I'm happy for you.  I have moved on too. But I can't help still thinking about the city I grew up in and the dreams I had about the life I would have there.  Things in Black Pegasus don't have to be twisted the way they are now."  I responded.

The sounded of clapping made me pause as Julius walked around the corner with a smirk on his face. I looked to Yuri who couldn't even look me in the eye. He stared down at the ground as Julius walked closer to me.

"Hey dear sister it's been awhile hasn't it?" Julius questioned.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I spat.

"Clearly getting to hear that bomb ass speech you clearly practiced." He chuckled.

"I mean you really were pulling at my heart strings I swear I even dropped a tear." He said gesturing to his eye.

"Yuri what the fuck is going on here?" I said trying to get him to say something.

He didn't say anything he just turned around grabbing the reigns of his horse and walked away.  My heart dropped to my stomach as I realized that Phaedra was right and that I couldn't trust Yuri.