Chapter 7

DAYA

We all stood holding our breath knowing that as soon as we exited the building , it would be time to put our plan into action. I wasn't sure how things were going to go but we couldn't stay trapped any longer.

I was nervous just like I'm sure everyone else was, we had no idea how this would turn out. I just wanted all of us to make it out of this alive. The four men made us follow them down the long hallways, two guys walked in front , and two in back.  I had been here for four months but it felt more like years, I was ready to be free.
I wondered how everyone was back home I knew things weren't go good but I missed them. I wondered if Donnie had moved on , we didn't end things well at all. But still I missed my home.
We had come to a small stairwell and then men rushed us down them toward a metal back door. The guys in front pushes it open and we were greeted by the bright light of the sun.

When I finally stepped outside I was shocked by my surroundings, we were in the white desert. It had gotten its name because the sand was a white as snow , it would take days to get back home even with transportation. But I refused to be defeated. One more guy stood outside by a large black van that only had windows in the front of it.

This entire time we had been in some kind of underground house in a cave. It was crazy to know that something like this was hidden out here.  It made me wonder why anyone would go through all the trouble, and whoever it was had to have the funds to do it. 

I knew it was now or never we had to attack now if we wanted to get away. The two guys in front walked backward toward the double doors at the back of the van, keeping their eyes trained on us. The other guy nodded and jogged around to the drivers side. Once I heard the door shut , Jalira and I spun around and charged towards the guys behind us. The guys at the door didn't even bothering moving, they chuckled.

"What could you possibly do?" The guy in front of me smirked.

I opened my arms and let the black orb form and pushed it toward him as his eyes went wide in shock. Jalira did the same and we sent both the guys flying into the large grey cactus that sat by the metal door.

When we turned around Xantara was smiling dangling the keys in her hand. Gila, Lona, and Prina tied all the other guys to the cactus. They left one of the guys conscious and used magic ropes that was in the van to tie him up.

"Tell is why the hell you kidnapped us?" Prina yelled punching the guy roughly and ripping off his creepy mask.

The guy has a large scar across his face, and this weird circle branded marking on his neck.

He spat blood out and laughed. "We had no idea you could fight, but now we do. The next batch of girls we take will be more careful with. You will never stop what we have planned."

I felt a cold chill he had a crazed look in his eyes whatever they were up to wasn't good.

"We can't let these guys live, if we do who knows what could happen. I stated.

All the girls turned in looked at me they slowly nodded agreeing.

"Killing us will only delay things but believe me their are more of us." He screamed.

Jalira shook her head in disgust as she grabbed full red gas can that was in the back. Lona found a pair of matches in the front of the car and Xantara had turned on the van and pulled it away so we could hop in as soon as we set the fire.

"Taking lives isn't something I ever do lightly but I know that what you guys are up to is sinister. I pulled up my black orb in front of the guy and stared at his constellation. Every star was black, I just knew he was evil. I hadn't used my powers in so long neglecting my gifts but I wouldn't do that any longer.