Chapter One

Chapter 1

- ADLYN -

I stood in front of my mirror with my hands clenched at my sides and I stared at my reflection. My long bright red hair was braided tight into a crown and I had small bags under my eyes.  I was tired and even though I tried to hide it, it still showed.  It had been four months since Daya went missing and we still had no idea where she was or who took her. Women all over had been kidnapped after a dead body was found with five candles each time more candles were lit.  No one seemed to know what was going on and it was something that kept nagging at me constantly. At the same time we had to prepare for battle and take down these last five camps. It was a relief but at the same time I still felt weight on my shoulders so heavy that I felt I could never lift them.

These last four months everyone had been training their asses off to prepare for this fight and no one was slacking. My dad had finally gotten the okay to move around and had helped train me a little. Even saying the word dad in my head sounded funny. But it still felt good to really have both my parents in my life especially right now. I had never felt more powerful but at the same time I had never felt so powerless.

In just a few hours we would head out to Asora City in this was it this would all finally be over.  The door creaked open and Saxton stepped in worry all over his face. "Everyone is all ready, and I went over the checklist for supplies and everything we need to set up a base camp."

"Thank you." I sighed.

"You know that you don't have to thank me, we are all in this together." He reassured me.

He slowly walked over and wrapped his arms around my waste and rested his head on my shoulders. I let my body relax in sank into his arms it was like he knew exactly when I needed him.

"Let's do this." I replied.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck and gently kissed him softly and then we exited the room.  We road to the base camp in a comfortable silence and I let out a loud breath the moment the carriage came to a halt. We had set up camp on the other side of a mountain each group had to be in place before we started. This was the moment we had all prepared for. Saxton and I stepped off the carriage and everyone line up quickly to greet us. I continued to walk and realized Saxton was no longer following me, and fact everyone around me seem to be frozen in place.  All of sudden I felt a strong wind and standing in front of me dress in a long all white grown was Edera.

"Edera what are you doing here?" I said in shock.

"I'm here to see you of course I brought a long a friend, Artoris." She smiled.

As the words left her mouth a tall man all dressed in white appeared beside her. He had dark jet black hair; he had a tattoo of black snowflake on the side of his neck.

"My name is Artoris and I asked that Edera bring me here to meet with you." He explained.

"Why do you want to talk to me?" I questioned.

"You may not know this but you're special." He stated.

"Thank you for feeling that way but I don't get what makes me special." I said crossing my arms.

"I told you she would say that." Edera laughed.

"Whether you believe it or not it's true." He shrugged.

"And I'm here because the Edera, I and the rest of the gods and goddess decided we want to give you something. " He informed me.

"You're a god, and Edera you're a goddess?" I questioned.