Chapter Three

++

Chapter Three

+++

- MIDAS -

It had been way to long since I had felt like myself but finally things were looking up. I sat with my hands clutched behind my head and my feet propped up on my desk. The sound muffled music and the feeling of bass through the ground was what I had become used to. When I first got to Landing Valley I felt lost and unsure of what to do. I couldn't believe that I had to leave my home but it was the only option that I had.

Adlyn was like a nightmare that I couldn't get away from and she had ruined everything. My plans had all come unraveled in just a short time and I was left with shit. My wife and daughter had run off and then I find out Janeer is back. I knew that I should have killed that scum when I had the chance too but I wanted him to suffer. Now he and Farah were having some kind of twisted reunion and it pissed me off.  And Julius my good for nothing son couldn't handle anything while I was gone.

I was sure that he was going to destroy the Black Pegasus name and city somehow. And I couldn't do anything about it unless I wanted the elders to try and come for me.  So here I was sitting in my office of my strip club named the Midas touch. I never knew how many desperate people strolled into a strip club but their never seem to be an end to them. My ladies were special all women who had chosen to become demons.

One of my girls would take a guy to the red room and they would be plastered. Before they knew it they were talking about their deepest desires and what they wanted most. And then it was a matter of time before the ladies had them forking over their soul.  The souls were just rolling in day by day and I was feeling that same fire I felt back when I first started my clan.

I knew it would take some time but I would rebuild another clan and then go after Adlyn. It was my plan to make sure that she suffered in every way possible. I would start by slicing Janeer's neck right in front of her and Farah. The thought of it made me giddy with excitement and I would kick my son ass off the throne. He had proved he didn't deserve that or my respect and I would let him know it the moment I returned.

Even though I was now in the human world Landing Valley was filled with demons. And rumors and news from the underworld spread around fast so I still was in the loop. With the whole "slave camp" crap I couldn't risk being around. All of us that decided to open these camps took an oath of silence that we wouldn't speak of the others if caught. But no one of us could have predicted the camps would be taken down one by one.

But the fools didn't seem that have all their information because they were starting their trail. They had no clue of the other five camps out there and that was perfect. It would only be matter time before I could get that up and running again. I had new plans and goals and I wouldn't let anyone get in my way and if they tried to they wouldn't be around for long.

The office door swung open and in walked Bonra a beautiful demon with silver hair and beautiful peach skin. She was the one that had helped me find the right ladies, she was the manager. She knew how to keep everyone in line when I wasn't around and she also always knew how to spot a girl willing to make a deal. I had found a few demon bodyguards that made sure to keep the clientele in check. But they weren't enough to consider them an army not yet but once I did I would get back what was mine.

"Tonight we are raking it in on the poles and in the red room." She squealed. She brought in two stacks of cash wrapped in rubber bands and handed it to me.

"Thanks baby keep up the good work." I winked.

She gave me a peck on the lips and sashayed out of the office and I got up to put my money in the safe. This wasn't what I thought I would be doing but I was enjoying the human world more than I thought.  My visit to Clive and Justine had stopped because they up and disappeared. I was pissed but it wasn't worth my time to find them.  For a month I made Clive work to find me souls and he was doing a good job. He was so scared I would harm that little baby of theirs he would do anything I asked. But I got busy with the club and couldn't stop in and he used that to his advantage.