Chapter Thirteen-This Love Will Be Your Downfall

Sorry it took me so long to write the next chapter. I was having MAJOR writers block. Everytime I went to write it I just stopped and stared and drifted off. I couldn't get my fingers to function and write haha.  Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the next chapter and if you do please comment/vote. It means alot. And your feedback means alot to me as well. (: Happy Reading and thanks again. You guys are awesome!<3

_______________________________________________________________________________

Alexander and I walked along the beach for another hour or so before he told me it was time to leave. I didn't want to go because I missed every minute we weren't together.

“Do we have to? Why not just stay one more hour?” I pouted.

He smirked at me, “Trust me I'll take you back here. Someday soon, but until then I have to get you home.” Adding to my dismay, there was no traffic so the drive was quick.

We arrived shortly at my home. I walked up to the steps, him following behind. “I don't want you to leave.” I admitted sheepishly.

He smiled, “I'll make it up to you. Now go inside little Muppet, get some rest.”

Before heading to bed I went into the bath. Filling the hot, steaming water with lavender bath gels I slowly laid in the bath letting the water warm my insides. I thought about what my next move was. I knew if I went to see Delano I was taking a risk, but at the same time if I didn't get answers I'd never know what I was capable of or what the stakes were.

Ultimately I knew I would have to go against Alexander, against everyone and see Delano. I had come so far, I couldn't just give up. Would he kill me on the spot? Once fully dressed I went to bed trying not to fall asleep with the idea I may not be around once tomorrow came.

**

I walked into the kitchen that afternoon and surprise crossed my face as Clayne sat talking to my Dad and Jenna. I cleared my throat notifying them of my entrance. “Hey guys. What's going on?” I smiled hoping to sound cheery. Inside I felt awkward, I hadn't seen Clayne for the past few weeks. And from the looks of it, he wasn't to keen on seeing me either.

“We were just talking about a new hunt we have next weekend. Clayne found out all the information, isn't that great?” My dad said grinning.

All my nervousness left me and I grew excited, “That is really awesome Dad. I'm glad we have a new one. When and where? I'll make sure I am ready.”

No one answered but instead my Dad walked over to me and put his arm around my shoulder, “Now Aria, that is what we were discussing. We all made a group decision that its best you stay out for this one.”

I gaped, “What? You have got to be kidding me? And who decided this?”

“Aria,” My dad warned. I shook my head, “No, fuck that. Who agreed to this? Clayne? Jenna? Someone want to tell me? I am dying to know.”I said glaring at all of them. I couldn't believe this. They didn't want my help, after I proved to them I was a good asset.

Neither of the two spoke. Clayne had his eyes focusing on the TV that wasn't turned on, and Jenna only looking at me, face emotionless.

“I think its best for everyone, Aria. I am not saying you did a bad job but we all want you safe.” My dad said, reassuringly. To bad I wasn't having it.

“So saying I was apart of the team, granting me permission to go out to the rave, talking to me about upcoming meetings, all that was false pretense?” Once again, no one spoke. Not even my Dad answered this time. Removing his arm from my shoulder I backed away toward the hallway. Before leaving I turned to all of them, “Fuck you all then.” And I stormed off.