Rainfall Chapter 4

Chapter 4                   

Zane’s POV

I paced within the large branches of the tree. What was taking Azurite so long? I couldn’t sleep out here and I didn’t trust myself in there…with her. I gulped, trying to get my mind off the taste of her blood.

“What the hell is wrong with me!?” I shouted, completely frustrated.

“Why, there’s nothing wrong with you. It’s your nature.” I jumped back nearly scared shitless.

“Oh sorry, did I scare you?” She asked, giggling. I nodded my head slowly in reply.

“What are you doing here?”  I asked. “Don’t you hate me?”

“Aw, why would I hate you?” she asked, pouting. I stepped back a couple feet.

“Your my mate, we’re made for each other.” She murmured.

“Okay, you got to be joking, earlier you said you hate me now you love me?!?!”

“Oh you mean Crizelious?” She asked.

“Your Crizelious.”

“No I’m Crystal.”

“Huh!?”

            Sabriel’s POV

“How about I make breakfast?” He offered.

“Sure, sounds good.” I mumbled into his chest. Since he knew my kitchen like the back of his hand, he got out a frying pan and started to make me some scrambled eggs. I sat down at the black-marble counter, swinging in the cushioned chair.

“I always appreciate a guy who can cook.” I said, smiling. He looked back, a slight blush rushing across his cheeks.

“Aw your blushing.” I gushed.

“I am n-not.” He defended.

“Cal I know when your lying. I know you too well.”

“So you know me huh? What if I told you I like you? A lot.”

“I dunno.” I said, trying to sound innocently.

“Well?” He asked. I got up from my perch planting my feet firmly in front of him, looking deep into his eyes.

“I would kiss you.” I said, standing on my tip-toes. “Just. Like. This.” I pressed my lips to his. I felt a wave of heat rush to my toes as he accepted it.

“You really know how to win a guy over.” He said, smirking.

“Maybe.”

“Helloooo!” I heard my mother call from the foyer.

“Mom!” I called back and rushed to greet her. Her long black hair was braided down her waist, her bangs framing her pale wrinkle free face. Her green eyes landed on Cal, standing in the kitchen doorway.

“Oh, are you two having a moment?” She asked, cracking a smile.

“Er, no Mom, I’m just glad your finally home.” I said, hugging her. “Where’s dad?”

“Still away on business, I’m afraid.”

“Oh…..” I mumbled. Cal quickly spoke up, “Mrs. Arrington, may I take Sabriel on a date?” He asked. My jaw dropped but my mind was flooded with joy.

“Why, Cal of course I was waiting for you two to get together.”

“Mom!” I squealed.

“If you had heard her when she was younger, oh, always spouting how cute you were.”