Rainfall, Sequel to: Over the Rainbow Chapter 1

Rainfall

Chp 1

“Cal?” I asked, shocked.

“Hey, how you been?”

“How’d you get in here?”

“The tree.” I smirked at this, remembering all the times we played in it. “I was so worried about you.” He opened his arms for a hug and I went into them.

“I missed you so much.” He whispered.

“Me too. How’s school been?”

“Pretty dull and boring without you.” He smiled. “Everyone has been wondering where you’ve gone.”

“You know what happened don’t you?”

“Of course I’m the one that saved you, well as much as I could. You don’t know how scared I was to see all that blood.”

“I…I’m sorry Cal, that I left you.”

“You know you probably won’t be able to go back.”

“I know. I have a son Cal! A son!”

“Your pregnant!?!?!”

“No! In Dreamland!”

“Oh, ok with Azurite?”

“Yeah…I wish I could go back.”

“Sabriel your brain was damaged, if you could you’d have to be hurt again and I’m not letting anything happen to you, you hear me?”

“Loud and clear, sir.” I saluted him like he was the commanding officer.

“Good, why don’t you get some rest? I’ll see you tomorrow ok?”

“Yeah that’s a good idea.” He gave me another hug and left through the window. I watched him go, feeling an emptiness settle in. It was first time that had happened before.

Next day…school

“Oh my god, it’s that Sabriel girl, hey what happened to you?” A girl came up to me.

“I fell off my swing and nearly died.” I said, calmly.

“So does that mean Steven is free?” I slapped her across the face. “If you want him, you can have him, he’s nothing to me anymore.” She stood there speechless, clutching her cheek while half the hallway just stared, open mouthed. “But if you think like that for the rest of your life you will never survive.” I walked to my class, ignoring all the gazes, even a couple teachers nodded in approval which I smirked at.

I’m back….

***

I gazed out at the window, watching the pouring rain.

“Miss Evony would you mind paying attention, I know you’ve been out of the loop but can you please focus?”

“Sorry ma’am.”

“As I was saying the civil war affected….” I tuned her out, focusing my sight on the rain that slowly slivered down the cool window’s glass. It made me feel sad for some reason, an ache was in my heart. The last bell of the day echoed in my ears, I grew faint from not being used to the sound. I collapsed to the floor.

“Hey! You alright?” Someone asked. I couldn’t answer, only drift into unconsciousness.

***

I blinked my eyes to get them adjusted in the dim light. I was in the nurse’s office.

“Oh my hello dear.” The sweet old nurse greeted me. “I was worried you’d never wake.”

“What happened?”