Rainfall Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Sabriel’s POV

I stirred, feeling an arm wrapped around my waist.

“Mmm Cal is it morning already?” I asked, letting out a huge yawn.

“Um no, it’s Azurite, your still in Dreamland.” He grumbled. Ouch that must have hurt his ego.

“Oh I was so tired I forget about that.”

“Yeah…thanks for saving me and I’m sorry you had to see that. I swear I had no control over what she doing!”

“I know, I get it, calm down but you know…”

“Know what?”

“You seemed to be enjoying it.” I lied, trying to get him worked up.

“Sabriel, I’m a guy what more do you want from me?” He grumbled. I laughed and kissed him.

“You poor thing.” I mumbled against his lips.

“So how’s Cal?” He asked.

“Oh he’s fine, he’s going to go for a medical degree and he’s my boyfriend.” I said excitedly.

“I’m happy for you.” He said with a tinge of jealousy. “And Steven?”

“He’s not going to bother me.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m positive.” I lied.

“Good I don’t want him hurting you.” I felt him cringe.

“Did it…Did it hurt you too?”

“It did. I hate him.”

“I don’t…” I mumbled. His jaw clenched and his grip on me tightened.

“Why?” He said coldly.

“Because I forgave him. He….loves me.”

“I love you.”

“And that’s why I don’t love him back.” I said. He smiled and I couldn’t resist kissing him on the cheek. “What about Zane? What are we going to do about him?”

“We’ll have to go to Eaglehaven.” I said.

“Are you sure that’s safe? We don’t know how much it’s changed.”

“I know but we have no choice.”

            Zane’s POV

I sighed tiredly, sleep had eluded me. I pulled Crystal closer, her sweet scent thrilling my senses. It felt so good to have her near me, I didn’t know why but I was starting to think she was right. What if we were partners for life?

“Crystal please wake up, I’m so sorry.” She had been out for nearly a day and it scared me. Whenever Azurite drank from Sabriel, she’d wake up in a couple hours. How Crystal had gotten ill I thought would be my fault. It hurt to see her like this.

“Zane…?” I looked at her face. Her eyes were open.

“Your awake, you’ve been out for a while now, I was worried.”

“I feel pretty good actually.” She stretched and rolled. “But I feel so constricted.” My eyes went wide with surprise as she took off her shirt. Sparkling butterfly wings popped out and my mouth fell open.

“Oh goodie! I’ve bloomed!” She squealed.

“Bloomed?”

“I’ve changed into a full fairy. Zane I’m so happy! I just have to try them out!” She started to get up.