2

Sakura

"Do you dance?" Sasori asks, a sly expression over his features.

"No," I reply hastily. "I'm a kunoichi, not a dancer," I say. Sasori hums in thought, tracing his fingers along my jawline.

"You'd make a fantastic specimen for a puppet, Sakura. Let me see how well your joints hold up," Sasori smirks. I nod, not really caring for his purposes.

He attaches chakra strings onto my limbs, pulling and pushing them into awkward positions. I flush red in embarrassment.

"I told you, I can't dance. Stop trying to make me do it," I snap with a low voice. Sasori chuckles, torturing me with exaggerated body moments that only resembled a fish jumping desperately on land.

"I'll have to take back my earlier statement. You'd make a shitty puppet," Sasori laughs, releasing me from the chakra strings.

I click my tongue, turning on my heel abruptly to leave. Sasori cackles at my embarrassed and annoyed reaction. "If you haven't noticed, that's my way of saying that I'll accept you as my comrade," Sasori says.

"Welcome to the team, pink brat,"

:::

Third Person - Sakura

"Hey," Hidan calls, scythe swung over his shoulder.

Sakura merely looks at him blankly, waiting for him to continue. Hidan coughs awkwardly. "This is it for me. I think you should call it a day too,"

Sakura's empty stare remained on him for a few moments before she blinks and sheathes her own scythe.

"You still don't talk much, huh?" Hidan says, attempting some small talk as he and Sakura walk towards the living room. Sakura shrugs. "No purpose,"

Hidan sighs. "I'll tell you what. Let's make a deal,"

Sakura nods. "If I can get you say a full sentence with some kind of emotion, you have to hang out with me for the rest of the week," Hidan offers.

Sakura scoffs with a small nod. This was ridiculous. "I wish you good luck with that," Sakura says sarcastically.

Hidan bursts into a fit of laugher at that, earning a quizzical look from the pink-haired woman.

"I win," Hidan claims.

"No you didn't," Sakura counters. "I didn't say anything with any kind of emotion,"

"You were being sarcastic," Hidan argues. "That's a kind of emotion," Sakura clicks her tongue. "It's an expression, not an emotion. There's a difference,"

"It's the same," Hidan says. "No it isn't. Shut up," Sakura snaps.

Once more, Hidan is unable to contain his laughter. "Either way, unless you don't consider anger or irritation an emotion, I still win," Hidan says triumphantly. Sakura scoffs.

"Shut up,"

:::

Approximately a year later,

Sakura groans for the umpteenth time that day. First, Deidara had gotten ash all over her book collection. Not long after, Itachi had insisted that she watched some ridiculous slice of life anime with him. At the same time, since Kisame and Itachi were basically co-joined by the hip, Kisame wouldn't shut up about how some female character was 'best girl' and his 'waifu'.

Unfortunately for the Akatsuki members, Sakura had had enough.

Opening the door to the fridge, Sakura immediately noticed the absence of a particular food product that usually would have lightened her mood, no matter how terribly agitated she was.

The disappearance of the edible delight simply snapped Sakura's patience.

"WHO THE HELL ATE MY DANGO?!" Sakura screeches.

Sakura slams the fridge door shut, luckily not smashing it in the process, as she approaches an unsuspecting Deidara who had been watching a sitcom while munching on what used to be Sakura's dango.

Furiously, Sakura kicks the lounge couch, making Deidara topple over onto the floor. "What the fuck was that for, hm?!" he screamed.

"You took my dango, which mind you, I told everyone specifically not to eat because it's mine!" Sakura seethed, pumping massive amounts of chakra to her fists.

"CAN'T YOU TWO FUCKING SHUT UP FOR ONE MINUTE!? IM PRAYING TO JASHIN-SAMA!"

"I'm counting my money!"

"Hn, I was reading my manga!"

"TOBI WAS BEING TOBI!"

"I AM TRYING TO RUN AN ORGANISATION HERE!"

"I am trying to control our short-tempered leader,"

"KONAN, HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM?!??"

"SHUT IT FISH-FACE, IM EATING SOMEONE!"

Sakura groans in annoyance. "How about all of you shut up! Unless you want to share this punch with Dumb Blonde 2.0 here," Sakura smirks in victory as the whole building goes silent.

"Yeah, I thought so,"

Not long after, Sakura hears a familiar screech call out to her. One screech she had become so accustomed to over the course of one year.

"SAKURA, MISSION!" Leader-sama called from his office.

"I'm coming, old man!" Sakura yelled back as she rushes to her room to get her scythe and summoning scrolls.

"SAKURA!" Pein screeched like a girl on her period.

"I said I'm coming god dammit," I muttered under my breath as I dragged my scythe along the ground towards Pein's office.

:::

Edited - 5/12/17