Missing Artist

I'm so sorry!!! This took way longer than I thought it would. I've been competing overseas in an international competition for a week without much free time! I hope this chapter will be worth the wait! ((BTW GUESS WHO BROUGHT HOME GOLD)) aaand I wont have internet connection for the rest of the month ;-; I'm sorry. ill try get at least another chapter up by sunday and thenn ill be offfffffff BUT OTHER THAN THAT hey this chapter is pretty intresting ayyy? ayyy? I'm sorry I'm just really happy and high right now ;P

---

Third Person

---

"Hidan! Go get the door!" Sasori yelled from his room, putting two puppet arm pieces together. Hidan huffed in annoyance, pushing himself off the couch and prying his eyes away from the program on TV. Unlatching the door lock, the silver haired nin roughly pulled the door towards himself to reveal a pale looking boy with jet black hair and an annoyingly fake facial expression.

"Heh? Who the hell 'ar you? You some kind of bloody landlord?" Hidan stared the boy down, attempting to intimidate him.

"Ah, no sir. I'm here to see your current leader, or Sakura preferably," Sai mumbled his last three words, covering his chin to look perfectly innocent.

"Sakura? What the hell do you want with my little sister you son of a- Ouch!"

"Oh hey there, Sai. Why are you here?" Sakura pushed on the frying pan that she had just slammed onto Hidan's head further into his skull, hoping to crack it.

Sai gave an amused look, smiling wider as he explained the situation to Sakura. "Lady Hokage requires three of your ninja to assist Team 7 in mainly a search and rescue mission. We will be headed towards the sand village to help out after a recent sandstorm to left about a hundred people injured and another hundred missing." Sakura hummed in thought.

"Kakuzu-san! We have a mission!" The teen yelled from the door, catching the attention of the old man. "Hey, Sasori-danna do you want to-"

"No."

"What? Why not? It's not that complicated of a mission,"

"The brat's three days late. If he comes today, someone will need to look after him."

Sakura rolled her eyes. "You do realise that Deidera is in Sunagakure, right? What if we bump into him?" At this, Sasori's ears perked up. He suddenly blushed, trying to hide his excitement. "F-fine. I'm only going because you persist so much." He stuttered, smiling ever so slightly at the thought of seeing the young blonde teenager. Sakura scoffed with a sly expression. "Oh, it looks like someone's motivated." Sakura gave the man a smirk as his face flushed as red as his own hair.

"S-shut up. It's not like I want to see him  really badly or anything! I-I'm just, worried. Yeah, I'm worried." Sasori folded his arms and huffed like a child, turning away from his young partner who was cackling away. "We leave in an hour." Sai said before taking his leave.

Sasori hid his face behind his palm and clicked his tongue. If only his current partner hadn't nearly killed him when she was sixteen. Not only did it take two entire years find out how to and actually transfer his severely weakened soul into his former human body (which was extremely malnourished and dehydrated), but Akatsuki had declared him dead and gave his own partner, Deidera, an annoying masked buffoon to babysit. It ticked him off to the point that he was willing to continue living in his human body for the sake of being able to prove to Pein that he was alive, well and definitely not an imposter.

Tobi was a suspicious fella. Sasori didn't trust him one bit. And having him cling to his blonde brat every second he was watching? That just pissed him off and added fuel to his burning hatred for Tobi. Sasori didn't know when it started, but he had always felt a certain warmth whenever he was around the blonde. Initially he had passed it off as some sort of 'parental' love for the young boy but as months passed, Sasori couldn't help but feel a yearning to be closer to Deidera. So much closer than he ever could have imagined. He didn't want to be a fatherly figure to him, he wanted to be more. Sasori wanted to be the only one Deidera would ever look at, the only one in his heart. A little too selfish, the red-haired man knew, but he wouldn't have it any other way.