Fatherly Love

Hey hey hey! (Shameless lame haikyuu reference) You! Yes, you! Jashin looks down on you! Oya oya oya? You don't know what I'm talking about? That's the whole point ;D Is the length of the chapter worth the wait? I wasn't wondering if long but infrequent chapter updates was a better idea since I can write longer and more meaningful chapters instead of 1000 worded chapters of pure filler.

**Warning. Where there is Hidan there is swearing. You have been warned children.

---

The sky was clear, with a few stray clouds lingering over the shades of blue above her head. The 19 year old pinkette stepped out of the apartment building's main entrance, stretching her arms out and then relaxing her muscles. She was off to the market for groceries hoping for some discounted eggs. The breakfast she made that morning had used up all of the remaining eggs, flour and oranges in her fridge and there was still plenty of other foods that she did not have at home. Especially some meat. When a certain silver haired, foul mouthed man was to arrive later that day alongside her other two comrades, they would sure be famished and would complain about not being able to get some protein in the form of good meat after weeks of eating whatever it was that Konan could provide them with.

Sakura still had some leftover peach tarts that she baked last night, so she decided to give them to Kotetsu and Izumo. The two nins in charge of monitoring the village gates for most of their job (that they aren't actually all that great at, considering that Itachi and Kisame has snuck into the village previously on many occasions). She figured she could take a detour to the village gates guard booth to hand them the box of tarts before getting groceries at the markets which was conveniently perfectly in between Sakura's shared apartment and the village entrance. Sakura turned to her right and started to make her way to the guard booth, greeting some people she knew on the way and stopping once to kick a soccer ball back to a group of young boys playing by an open field.

Eventually, she reached the village gates. And she turned 180 degrees back, speed walking away without bothering to not look suspicious.

"Hey its the pink bitch! H-hey! Why the hell are you walking away from us? Oi, S-Sakura!!! Motherfu-" An obnoxious voice boomed towards the girl as she cringed at her former mentor's lack of shame.

Sakura swiftly turned around and ran towards the silver haired idiot, slamming her palm against his mouth to prevent him from swearing. "If you haven't noticed, we are currently being stared at by members of the public," The stingy old man pointed out. "Hey Sakura, I'm hungry," the blue one said. Sakura sighed (she's now aiming to sigh the most in twelve hours), uncovering the unnecessarily loud man's mouth. "Well hello to you too, Hidan." Sakura said as she walked away from the three other Akatsuki members, approaching a panicked and confused Izumo trying to wake up Kotetsu who had his arms stretched out over his head and legs on the booth's table, fast asleep.

"Don't worry, they're with me," Sakura smiled reassuringly at Izumo, holding up the box. "Have some tarts. I hope it's not too sweet for you and Kotetsu." Izumo took the box gratefully, now much calmer. "Heh, thanks Sakura. I swear, Kotetsu sleeps way too much nowadays. I'm worried he's gonna get fat," He glances to his partner, glaring slightly. Sakura giggles lightly and then waves goodbye, much to Izumo's dismay. He wouldn't mind having someone to talk to while Kotetsu was asleep but he was sure Sakura had much more important things to do, looking at the fact that three S-ranked ex-criminals just waltzed into the village.

Sakura bekoned them to follow her as she walked towards the market place. "Bitch, where are we going?" Hidan asked rudely. Sakura continued walking, humming a soft tune. "Pinky, are you ignoring me? Hey! I'm talking to you!" Hidan raised his voice, trying to gain the girl's attention. Sakura abruptly stopped in her tracks and sharply turned to the rude silver haired man. "If you don't shut the hell up, you're going to ruin my happy mood. You don't want to spoil my happy mood again, do you?" Sakura said threateningly as she narrowed her eyes into his. Hidan visibly gulped. "No Ma'am." He replied shortly. Sakura gave a small victory smirk before smiling wide.