4

Dedicated to @ThePotatoGoddess for her contribution to this storyline.

:::

Sakura

The pink-haired teen sauntered towards the base's foyer, stopping by the living room.

"Danna! Itachi! Hurry up!" She shouted as she leaned against the kitchen island.

"And where are you three going?" Konan asks from the lounge area's couch.

"Mission," Sakura replied simply but not rudely. "I think Pein-sama will explain more. We're basically not coming back. Ever," Sakura summarises.

"Well thank every divine for that, un," Deidara mutters loud enough for Sakura to hear. "What was that, Blondie?" Sakura hissed.

"Um...guys," Kisame interrupts.

"Sakura's the only one that knows how to cook," Kisame reminds the members who had been lazing around the living room.

"That's not true. I can cook for everyone," Konan says innocently. Instantly, the whole Akatsuki is thrown into utter chaos.

"I'm recalculating the finances to make sure we can afford daily take-out," Kakuzu says in a low tone though panic is clear in his voice.

"Sucks to be you. We don't eat human food, suckers," Zetsu snickered.

Pein, supposedly the calm and collected leader of the organisation, hyperventilates on the edge of his seat. "Years," he says, capturing everyone's attention.

"For years, I have suffered consuming what this tyrannical woman calls food. The Akatsuki was know as the blood-thirsty criminal organisation because there was never anything better but our own blood, sweat and tears to be consumed in our household," Pein scrunches his face up in frustration as he reminisced the past.

"I will not allow you to touch that stove, Konan. You are forbidden from even standing near that thing," Pein says, a desperate look in his eyes.

Konan scoffs, clearly offended. "Fine. Whatever. Less hassle for me," she says, the salt evident in her voice. "Bye Sakura. Have fun," she says before storming back to her room.

While the other members continued sulking in their misfortune, Itachi and Sasori emerge from the corridor, fully geared.

"Pein-sama briefed you guys already?" Sakura asked, earning a shirt nod from Itachi and an 'mhm' from Sasori.

"Let's go then," Sakura said. "Bye guys, don't be too miserable without me!" Sakura cackled before leaving the base alongside the ravenette and the red-haired man.

:::

Approximately a year ago,

The Akatsuki dreaded meals.

It wasn't because they were blood-thirsty savages that only consumed the blood and flesh of their victims. It was because Konan always insisted on cooking meals for all of them, unaware of her clear culinary disability.

It was Sakura's first meal with the organisation, having joined merely that evening.

She couldn't help but shudder slightly along with the other men around the table as Konan placed a plate of completely burnt food that resembled charcoal in the middle of the table.

No man dared to take the first serving, afraid of what would become of their digestive systems as a result of ingesting whatever it was Konan had conjured up with the black magic known as her cooking.

Still feeling numb from all the recent events, Sakura really couldn't be bothered to be polite by that point.

She had taken a small serving, tasting it on the tip of her tongue. She immediately spits it out, scowling in distaste. Sakura drags her chair backwards and makes her way towards the kitchen without a word.

Sakura rummages through the sorry excuse of a food supply that the Akatsuki's kitchen held. She grabs a container of yellow noodles and bottles of various spices. She even prepares some chicken meat, a decision she made on a whim.

Not more than half and hour later, Sakura returns to the dining room, hastily shoving perfectly made dishes and soup onto the table. She points to a large bowl of boiled noodles, saying one word.

"Edible," she says before taking a seat and helping herself to her own cooking.

The Akatsuki members were immediately downing down the food, never having tasted real, edible foods in their own home for many years.

"Pink bitch, you're doing the cooking from now on," Hidan says through a mouthful of noodles.

Pein carefully tried some, immediately putting on his professional face. "I only choose the most skilled members. Yes, good job Pein, you finally made the Akatsuki unstoppable," he said to himself as Konan smacked the back of his head.

Zetsu had been watching from the sidelines, snickering to himself.

"Sucks to be you. We won't ever have to go through shit like that. Suckers,"

:::

edited - 7/12/17