Epilogue

"Quinn," Julia calls out, "are you almost done in there?"

    "Just a minute," I call back, putting the final touches on my makeup.

    I stare at myself in the mirror, dressed in a black lace mermaid prom dress. The night every high school student waits for is finally here and I couldn't be happier to be done with school.

    Zach ended up taking the deal and is serving fifteen years in a mental institution on attempted murder and kidnapping charges. My life went back to normal after that. Well as normal as can be. Reece and I broke the news of our relationship to our friends and it turns out they had a bet going on when we would get together; Jordan won.

    Luke and Julia are still going strong, along with Lena and Jordan. Kayden on the other hand... A few weeks after I got out of the hospital, Kayden came out to us as being gay. Everyone was shocked, but his behaviour around me finally made sense. He pulled me aside and apologized for kissing me again. He said that he thought he liked me, but was only fooling himself so that he didn't have to admit that he was gay. He tried to force himself to like girls and it got out of hand. After kissing me, he said enough was enough and finally built up the courage to be himself.

    Seb and Reece have gotten closer with my friends, the boys even play video games together all the time. Seb has taken up the roll of a second brother to me. After he found out what happened to Reece and I, he became very protective and treats me like a little sister, similar to how Luke treats me.

    My mother and I have reconciled our relationship. We're not as close as we once were, but we've begun having weekly phone calls and she visits a few times a month. Things will never go back to what they once were, but I realized life is too short to hold a grudge. She's always going to be my mother, that will never change, and I have to accept her for who she is. She's a regular human being who makes mistakes just like the rest of us and I forgive her for that.

    My friends and I all got accepted to the same college in the city next to our little town. Reece decided he wants to make a name for himself in the culinary business. He loves cooking ever since his mother taught him at an early age and I truly believe he's going to excel. Not to mention all the yummy food he'll be cooking for me.

    I wasn't able to help Jayden or Zach when they really needed it. They hurt people, me, and I want to help prevent that from happening to others. I'll be majoring in mental health studies along with a minor in psychology. If I can help people maybe it'll help ease the guilt on my conscious from not being able to help the two men who hurt me.

    Reece has woken countless times to me thrashing in my sleep from nightmares. We have started sneaking into each other's rooms for the night to sleep together. Even though him being there doesn't prevent the nightmares, it helps that he's there when I wake up in tears from them.

    "Quinn!" Lena pounds on the bathroom door, "hurry up!"

    Taking a deep breath, I exit the bathroom and both girls grin at me.   

    "You look stunning," Julia states, looking me up and down.

    "You don't look too bad yourself."

    She's wearing a pale pink floor length gown. Glitter in the shape of feathers pans down the left side and thigh high slit shows off her tan legs. Her hair is pulled away from her face in a bun, a braid wrapping around the chignon.

    "Reece isn't going to be able to keep his hands off of you tonight," Lena laughs.

    Lena's wearing a sky blue floor length dress with glitter cascading down the one shoulder strap. Her dark hair flows down her back in loose waves, contrasting starkly against her pale skin.