Chapter eighteen

I'm practically glued to Reece's side throughout the movie since Zach, Lena, and Jordan all decided to squish together on the couch with us. As we watch the ending credits on the screen, Julia jumps up from her seat and takes hold of her empty soda bottle on the coffee table.

"Let's play spin the bottle!" she exclaims.

Luke gapes at her. "That's not fair since there are more guys than girls."

Julia turns and gives him her best puppy-eyed look. Almost immediately his expression softens and he sighs. Grinning, I laugh. He's so whipped.

Lena turns to Jordan and does the same. Jordan groans in defeat, knowing he can't get out of this one. We form a circle on the floor and Julia sets the bottle in the middle before spinning it for her turn. It spins for ten seconds before stopping on a frozen, wide-eyed Luke. I smirk, glancing at Julia to see she has the exact same expression on her face.

"Alright, start kissing guys," I clap after neither of them makes a move.

Julia snaps out of it and gets up to walk over to Luke who looks like he's about to either pass out or throw up; neither are good choices. They both stand in front of each other just staring into the other's eyes. Julia hesitantly leans in and Luke leans the rest of the way, gently resting his hand on her waist. The kiss doesn't last very long, it's short and sweet, but it seems as if that's all they need as they're both red as tomatoes when they pull apart.

I chuckle at their embarrassment and hope this will be a step forward in their budding relationship. Luke could use someone like Julia in his life. He needs someone who's sweet and supportive. Someone who won't leave him when times get rough, unlike his last girlfriend who dumped him when everyone started gossiping about us.

Zach then grabs the bottle, spinning it, and it lands on Lena. Jordan, who's sitting beside me, immediately stiffens in jealousy. I nudge him to get him to look at me, and when he does, I give him an encouraging smile. "Relax, it's only a game."

I understand why he's jealous, especially since they just had their first date the day before. Speaking of which, I have to remind myself to ask him how that went later. He nods, but still looks away from Lena and Zach as they lean towards each other. I can clearly tell that Lena is uncomfortable kissing Zach since she keeps glancing nervously at Jordan. She swiftly closes the gap between them, giving Zach a quick peck on the lips before pulling away. When they both sit back down, Jordan's shoulders slump and he sighs in relief. I'm assuming because Lena didn't prolong the kiss.

Seb, who's sitting next to Zach, reaches forward and spins the bottle quickly. It lands on me.

I look up with my eyes wide and notice that Seb has a shocked expression and... is he nervous?

Before I can get a closer look at his expression he glances subtly at Reece, but not subtle enough, and gives him what seems to be an apologetic look. My gaze snaps over to Reece and he has a weird look on his face that I can't make out.

I stand up when Seb steps forward and lean towards him so he can plant his lips on mine. The kiss isn't bad. It's soft and warm, but it just feels wrong. I can't help but compare it to the kiss I had shared with Reece and it's nothing in comparison. It feels as if I'm kissing a family member or maybe a gerbil. No offense to Seb because there isn't anything wrong with his kissing abilities, it simply feels awkward and wrong. He pulls away and we both look at each other awkwardly.

He wrinkles his nose. "That's never happening again."

"Agreed," I nod quickly.

Lena laughs, "were one of you a bad kisser?"