Chapter seven

"Go away!" I shout groggily when Luke knocks on my bedroom door the next morning. I am so not a morning person and he knows it. Why must he wake me so early on a Saturday?

"No such luck, dear sister," he chuckles opening the door. "I'm going to the public court with Caleb to play basketball."

"Whatever. Leave me alone," I grumble, shoving my head under my pillow.

"Aren't you having friends over today?" he asks, curiously.

I shove the pillow away from me–I guess he isn't going to let me sleep anymore–and let out a large yawn, "Yeah, what's it to you?"

I know it seems as if I'm being extremely rude to Luke, but he knows how grumpy I get in the morning. Especially when he wakes me up before I'm ready.

"Well it's a little after ten so I suggest you get your big ass out of bed," he teases.

My eyes widen, "Why didn't you wake me?"

His jaw drops and he stares at me in disbelief, "I just did!"

    I roll my eyes, "I meant earlier."

    "I didn't want to upset the beast."

    I send him a nasty glare over my shoulder as I push him out of the way to get to the bathroom. By the time I leave the bathroom, Luke isn't in my room anymore so I assume he left to go hang out with Caleb. I'm so glad he's made friends so easily. I'm even happier that he's getting back into basketball. In my first week of school I made great friends, Luke is doing better, and dad seems happier in this new town.

    As soon as I walk into the kitchen my jaw drops. There are dirty dishes everywhere, coffee spilled all over the counter and the floor, and there is some kind of food burnt all over the glass stovetop. Looks like Luke tried to make himself breakfast. The moron knows he can't cook, I still don't know why he tries. I let out a tired sigh and begin by wiping up the coffee. This was probably dad's mess, he most likely told Luke to clean it up as he is usually in a rush to get to work, but the bugger thought he'd just leave it to me.

    After the counter and floor are spotless, I move onto to the stovetop. I cringe at the burnt smell and begin to scrub. By the time I'm finished, my arm is aching. I throw all the dirty dishes into the sink filled with hot water and while they soak I quickly devour a bowl of sugary cereal. I'm going to need the sugar rush later. The dirty dishes being my next task, I thoroughly clean them before leaving them on the drying rack.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings and I look at the clock on the wall to see that it's already a little after noon. Five seconds later, the bell sounds again and I scowl at the visitor's impatience. As soon as I have the door open Jordan barrels through nearly knocking me down but Kayden reaches out just in time to wrap his arms around my waist.

"Christ Jordan, you nearly knocked her over!"

He turns to me with a sheepish yet apologetic smile, "I'm sorry, Quinn."

"Don't worry about it. Come on in," I wave it off, gesturing to Julia and Lena still standing on the porch.

Realizing that Kayden is still gripping onto my waist, I clear my throat uncomfortably. I think he gets the hint because his cheeks turn a light pink and he immediately releases me. I motion for everyone to follow me.

"I love the purple," Julia gushes as we step into my room.

Lena nods in agreement while Jordan swiftly makes himself comfortable by throwing himself onto my bed.

"By all means, make yourself at home," I roll my eyes.

He smirks, "Thanks, I will."

My head snaps over to Lena when she shrieks and Jordan hops off my bed to rush over. I smirk at his protectiveness, but it dims when I see what caused her to shout. All four of them have their eyes glued to the window across from mine where you can clearly see Reece sitting on his bed reading a book. It isn't a surprise when his head swivels to look at us as both our windows are open when the girls begin to screech like a bunch of fangirls.