He Knows?

As we entered the bathroom, flower scented hand soap filled the air. The spotless clean floors and counters were proof of how well kept this school was. There were lights lining the top of the walls and the mirrors.

Layla went into the biggest of the seven bathroom stalls while I waited in front of a sink for her. I looked at myself in the mirror while fixing my hair, though it was not messy.

What should I do about Aron? I let out sigh as the frustration took hold of me. I placed my hands on my face and rested my elbows on the black marble counter.

I guess I should just go and talk to him.
I don't know what to say though. Maybe he will get over it on his own. Ughhh why is it so hard for me to deal with! I mean seriously, I have been through worse.

How do I comfort him? I'm not very good with words so I guess I could just give him a hug or something but that wouldn't go far enough as to solve the problem.

Poor Aron, I understand how he feels though. To be side by side with the person you like but still being unable to catch their feelings. To be right next to each other everyday but have each others hearts so far away. Its tough, I know.

How do you comfort someone when the reason they are hurting is because of you?

I heard a flush then out came Layla.
Layla approached the sink next to mine and washed her hands while sighing.

"What should I do? I didn't mean to hurt him in any way." Layla said while looking down at her hands as she began to dry them.

I didn't know what to tell her. I could tell her its not her fault, but knowing Layla, she wouldn't believe it. Layla's face became sullen.

It was obvious what she was thinking about, it's what we all were thinking about. Layla isn't at fault though. How was she to know that Aron liked me?

"I guess an old fashion apology will have to do." She said with a look of resolve.

"Nothing's wrong with an apology." I said reassuring her that it wasn't a bad idea.

"I know but I feel like I should make it special so we could still be friends afterwards." She replied.

"How about after you apologize, you try this thing called talking. Get to know one another." I said with a smile. She laughed a little.

"Fine but you can't come. I have somethings I would like to talk to him about now and it would ruin it if you were there." Layla said jokingly.

"Whatever, I know you are just saying that because if I show up it will make him feel worse. But make sure to come back. Not only you but Aron as well." I said as we walked out.

She smiled at me in agreement and I felt a bit relieved.

"Aron went this way so I will catch up with you later." Layla said while half-sprinting down the hall.

Though Layla can be stupid at times, she always knows best. She is a good person, someone I am proud to call my friend.

Honestly though, I don't know what she is even thinking about. She got all energized out of no where. I wonder what her plan is. I love her and all but she isn't really the intelligent type of person so I'm not sure how well her plan will turn out.

I made way down the hallway, back to where I last saw everyone.

"Took you long enough!" Jake shouted at me as I was walking up to everyone.

"Oh please, it wasn't even ten minutes." I said while smiling at them.

"Where's the other chick?" Elliot asked.