The Baby Project

I glanced around but my mind kept drawing me towards Royce as he sat there staring at me. His blue eyes drew me in like how a fish is lured in by bait.

"Let's sit over there!" Layla said while grabbing my arm and pulling me towards two empty seats. I broke my gaze away from Royce, stumbling into the seat Layla tossed me in. I was gonna complain about my butt hurting from they way she tossed me into the chair but her big and innocently happy smile made me not want to.

"We are going to raise our child together ok. Our baby doesn't need a father." Layla said dramatically in a joking voice. Aron sat next to Royce and Jake, as well as Andrew and Elliot, changed seats and grouped around each other, including me and Layla.

It was kinda funny how we all huddled in the back corner of the room, like a group of penguins.

"Hey, you wanna be partners?" girls began asking them. I felt a little jealous of them but Layla quickly made me forget about such jealousy.

"Don't worry, those hoe bags won't get far." Layla whispered. I laughed at her choice of words and decided to not pay attention to them since what Layla said was true.

"Hey, you guys should partner up with us." a couple of guys said while leaning onto our desks. One looked like a jock and the other looked like his close friend or follower. They both seemed stuck up and pushy, as if we were to rejected them they still wouldn't go away.

Jake along with Royce and Aron, glared at them, Jake now ruining his "always happy" image that everyone saw him as. I could feel tension in the air as if a problem was about to be created.

"I really don't think they're interested." Elliot said while standing up and facing them. Elliot looked unamused and annoyed as he peered down at them. The two guys looked at him intimidated by his height and muscles. They were hesitant at first but as Elliot's cold stare grew stronger they backed off with snares on their faces.

As the two guys walked away, Elliot winked at us as if to say he has our backs. To be honest, knowing that there are people who got my back, it makes me feel really happy to the point where I even get butterflies.

"Since you're new here, I wouldn't mind being your partner, what do you say?" a girl with long wavy dark brown hair said in an insisting voice to Aron.

It was quite obvious that she was trying to seduce him. She bit her lip with a slight smile trying to seem inviting to Aron, but I couldn't help but feel bad for her. If it was somebody else she was using that flirtatious method on, it could have worked, but since she decided to use it on Aron, I doubt she will get the reaction she wants.

Aron sighed then looked at her in the eyes as she stood there leaning over his desk.

"I'm not interested." Aron said flat out to her. At first she looked shocked, but then as others began to stare, embarrassment settled in. She glanced around and saw the girls whispering and giggling about her and she quickly walked away while mad dogging me and Layla, who also got a little laugh out of it.

She quickly went back to her seat as her "friends" gathered around her to begin their questioning about what happened.

Girls scare me sometimes with the way they behave and think.

"So how are you guys going to pair up?" I asked Jake, Elliot, Royce, Aron, and Andrew as a group. They looked around at each other noticing there was an uneven number.

"I can pair up with one of you guys if you'd like." a voice said from behind me. It was a deep and soothing voice that didn't startle me even though he came out of no where.

I turned around to see a tall and handsome man standing behind me. He wore a black long sleeved shirt with a light grey vest over it. His pants were dark blue and had one of the little dangly fox tail accessories on the side.