Caught in the Moment

Just before we could go any further, I heard foot steps coming towards the door and a  voice calling out my name. At that moment, I prayed that Royce would not be the one to find me like this.

"Ellie, whats taking so long?" Elliot said while stepping outside. He turned to the right and saw us. He didn't really have a reaction, but Jake did. Jake quickly jumped up and glared at Elliot wondering who he was and why he just walked out of my house. I was embarrassed but also glad Elliot had came outside. 

"What do you want with Ellie?" Jake demanded as if he owned me. I guess this is due to a mans pride?

"Nothing, I just wanted to see what was taking so long. But it did surprise me a bit that Ellie was out here with you, doing things like that, when both Aron and Royce are inside." Elliot said with a smirk. Elliot purposely put more emphasis on Royce's name, perhaps he knows what happened between us.

"What? Royce and Aron? They're here?" Jake said looking at me. He looked confused and worried that he may have been played by me, and truth is, he was.

"You know them?" Elliot asked. 

"Yeah I know the cat boy and the mutt." Jake said in a slightly pissed voice. I looked at Elliot remembering that Andrew said if anyone found out about us being part animals then they would eliminate them. But its ok right, I mean Jake is an animal as well, but Elliot doesn't know that.

Elliot glared at Jake for having knowledge about them and I quickly jumped in to explain.

"You see, Jake is an animal as well, a bunny to be exact. He met everyone a long time ago before anything happened." I said while picking up my shirt as well as Jake's.

I handed Jake his shirt, not even daring to look at his half naked body in fear that "it" might happen again, and truthfully, I think I have had my fill for years to come. 

"He doesn't know about you does he?" Elliot asked with smug look on his face as if to show Jake that he knows more about me than him. Jake looked at me desperately to see my reply. I let out a sigh and walked into the house.

"No, he doesn't know about me so knock it off and stop trying to cause problems." I said to Elliot. Jake followed me in while purposely slamming his shoulder into Elliot's when he passed.

"What would a damn human like you know?" Jake sneered as he passed Elliot.

"I know enough to know when i'm just being used." Elliot snapped back. Jake didn't retaliate but kept walking close behind me until we got to the living room.

"Jake! It's been a while." Royce said while smiling at him.

"What do you know, the bunny came out its hole, took you long enough." Aron smirked.

"Hey guys." Jake replied happily. Although they quarrel a lot, it's easy to tell that they are actually friends. Jake turned to me and when we made eye contact I remembered what had happened outside, and so did he. We both looked away and our faces were painted with a light shade of red.

"What's up with you guys?" Aron asked as his and Royce's smiles faded away.

"What do you mean?" I asked pretending not to know what they were talking about. I looked at Jake with eyes that pleaded for him not to mention anything about what happened and he disappointingly looked down in agreement realizing, everything that had just happened with each other, created nothing serious between us.

I can't believe I made out with Jake, and in public on top of that! Good thing it was dark out and nobody was around. Wait, Elliot saw, I need to tell him not to tell anyone, especially Royce. If Royce were to find out, I don't know how I could face him. And same with Aron too, I wouldn't be able to look at him in the eye either.